Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   How to properly use /tar ?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=414843)

Sisythi 02-07-2023 06:29 AM

How to properly use /tar ??

Hello! ^^

I've been trying to my "/tar (npc name)" macro to work for ages now. I haven't gotten it to do anything. Is it disabled? Am I using it wrong? Can someone give me an example of a working macro?

Jimjam 02-07-2023 06:45 AM

You need to make sure the NPC is within /target range

Replace spaces with underscores. You can truncate.

/tar an_an

would target an ancient cyclops.

Beware that if you mistype the name, or a name that doesn't have a target in range, you will likely bug out your target window and need to clear target (escape) for it to start working again.

A failed /tar could make you miss out on a bunch of attacks or spells if you are not careful.

Sisythi 02-07-2023 07:09 AM

THE UNDERSCORES!

I didn't realize I needed those at all. Thank you. ^^

Encroaching Death 02-07-2023 11:15 AM

Helps with targeting a person you're about to trade with in the EC tunnel as well.

Name flashes so you can see them.

Sisythi 02-08-2023 01:30 AM

Does their character also flash me? :3

Jokes aside, I am very appreciate. So accustomed to relying on /tar to alleviate some of my blindness/click laziness. Going to be a true lazy necro and make a pet attack macro for some of my camp targets using my newfound /tar knowledge.

I've mostly just gotten it to work by using it on myself. I read somewhere that if I hide and can /tar myself, then I am not actually hidden. Seems to be legit.

mcoy 02-08-2023 07:56 AM

There's a ton of useful ones. /rt for dmf comes to mind...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Commands

-Mcoy

loramin 02-08-2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 3570094)
There's a ton of useful ones. /rt for dmf comes to mind...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Commands

-Mcoy

I love /tt (target tell). If someone has a name like Abcilillii, and they're within target range, you can just "/tar abc" and then "/tt" to send them a tell ... instead of having to type out the whole name.

Snaggles 02-08-2023 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3570204)
I love /tt (target tell). If someone has a name like Abcilillii, and they're within target range, you can just "/tar abc" and then "/tt" to send them a tell ... instead of having to type out the whole name.

I’m over two decades in and learned to rely on this a couple weeks ago. Windowed mode EQ users rejoice :D

Encroaching Death 02-09-2023 07:26 AM

IlIIllIIlIlIIILIIiiIll says, 'any SoW available??'