Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Community stupidity is why warriors get a free pass (/forums/showthread.php?t=344054)

Kanuvan 12-10-2019 12:33 PM

Community stupidity is why warriors get a free pass

People cant comprehend that a class can be completely worthless in leveling groups and the best raid tank, people that invite a warrior to my groups (my last one had 2) just makes me cringe and turns the group into a inefficient slog, they are just low damage non tanks who cant hold aggro or provide any utility whatsoever even monks tank better with their mend skill. people need to stop treating warriors like tanks during the "tank crisis" and treat them like a hybrid with no utility which is what they are in classic

Whirled 12-10-2019 12:41 PM

I could scratch my head wondering why it bothers you so much, but I'll give you a free pass instead.

cd288 12-10-2019 12:41 PM

Moved to RnF

lordpazuzu 12-10-2019 12:42 PM

Don't invite hybrids because of the exp penalty.
Don't invite warriors because of the low dps/utility.
Recruiting tanks to raid! Oh... Shit.

Siege 12-10-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordpazuzu (Post 3047899)
Don't invite hybrids because of the exp penalty.
Don't invite warriors because of the low dps/utility.
Recruiting tanks to raid! Oh... Shit.

Don't raid either. Raiding in Classic EverQuest is a horrific experience.

this user was banned 12-10-2019 12:48 PM

Those crippling blows though

Kron 12-10-2019 12:52 PM

Gnome warriors are majestic creatures that come out once every 20 years and you're telling me I can't invite this unicorn into my group because he makes you feel inferior?

Take your wizard that has been meding up for the past 3 kills and always oom, or your bard that only plays one song and ain't even the right one, or your druid that won't help the cleric heal but also seems to be only semi buffing so I'm not 100% what his really doing, or that necro that keeps breaking charm because he sent his pet on the wrong target, or that DK that won't summon his skelly for some weird reason...

We can nick pick every class and every player but in the end who cares because if you don't like it then how about YOU leave the group.

Jean-Baptiste Cutting 12-10-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanuvan (Post 3047889)
People cant comprehend that a class can be completely worthless in leveling groups and the best raid tank, people that invite a warrior to my groups (my last one had 2) just makes me cringe and turns the group into a inefficient slog, they are just low damage non tanks who cant hold aggro or provide any utility whatsoever even monks tank better with their mend skill. people need to stop treating warriors like tanks during the "tank crisis" and treat them like a hybrid with no utility which is what they are in classic

You must be fun at parties.

Izmael 12-10-2019 12:54 PM

I'm torn between WTF, TL;DR and DIAGF.

Scoojitsu 12-10-2019 01:02 PM

Everyone who plays their class well is a good addition to any group.