Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Out of hand? Perhaps....or just bordem? (/forums/showthread.php?t=171960)

Rattle Squirrell 11-20-2014 06:28 PM

Out of hand? Perhaps....or just bordem?

Am i the only one that things people petition over the smallest things now?

Someone bothering you? /ignore

You don't need to petition like a 5 year old.

No wonder velious isn't here yet. You fuckers don't let the devs do anything but answer your childish petitions

Nocsucow 11-20-2014 06:29 PM

Hey numnuts ... Devs dont answer petitions

Rattle Squirrell 11-20-2014 06:30 PM

You don't think they get together with all the support staff and wonder why they are working so hard to provide content for a bunch of whiners?

I know it's not everyone, but fuck it has to be annoying

GnashingOfTeeth 11-20-2014 07:00 PM

Rest assured, the staff will let people know when they are out of line, and it also gives Lord Sirken fodder for his casts and his mechanical keyboard that he pounds the living shit out of while dealing with these miscreants. He gives zero shits and that is a thing, which makes it A+. Know this.

Duckwalk 11-20-2014 07:04 PM

In game it's a tactic/strategy. On forums is purely out of boredom/spite.

Skittlez 11-20-2014 09:04 PM

Reported

Derubael 11-20-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattle Squirrell (Post 1686421)
You don't think they get together with all the support staff and wonder why they are working so hard to provide content for a bunch of whiners?

I know it's not everyone, but fuck it has to be annoying

not really. nilbog tends to stay out of CSR unless he sees something he is very much against, or very passionate for, which is very little on the CSR side. none of the other devs have a ton of say in server policy, though their opinions are always welcome.

Development and CSR are two separate entities.We have our own Skype channels and forums. Rogean is the spiritual "head" of CSR and any major Raid changes have to be approved by him. Other than that CSR is largely ruled over by myself and Sirken, with Sirken having the final say in most cases (though it's rare for him to stand up and say "we're doing it this way even though you dont want to). Senior Guide Eunomia also plays a significant role, as she functions like an intermediary between front-line petitions and the two of us.

All of that being said.... yes, people do petition some pretty silly/stupid things that they could probably handle themselves. People also tend to /petition too soon, and in the time it takes us to answer their question, they have already resolved the situation on their own. My favorite kinds of players are the ones who are able to work with others to find a resolution instead of needing ti petition! :)

It'as always going to be better to do it yourself than ask a CSR.

myriverse 11-21-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattle Squirrell (Post 1686415)
Am i the only one that things people petition over the smallest things now?

Someone bothering you? /ignore

You don't need to petition like a 5 year old.

No wonder velious isn't here yet. You fuckers don't let the devs do anything but answer your childish petitions

Gotta suspect people with these views of shady things.

Devs don't do petitions. GMs do petitions.

Swish 11-21-2014 09:44 AM

I died n no1 will rez me, plz help~

Red_Psyphon 11-21-2014 01:46 PM

this thread sucks