Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Staff - What do you NEED? (/forums/showthread.php?t=367648)

Beldan4 09-09-2020 07:23 PM

Staff - What do you NEED?

Ok someone just posted in discord that someone finally got around to explaining WHY red keeps getting the shaft every time changes are made to blue (like NToV mobs being rooted). For an entire year we've been left twisting in the wind wondering if we were being experimented on by people that were deliberately and sadistically cruel. Now, we finally come to understand this may not be the case. Red may not being a large community but we do have some resources, which leaves me asking the question...

What do you NEED? I can't believe that your trapped under a global blanket of simply putting a "donation" button up. Can't you say how many man hours of work it is? What skill set is needed? What hardware / software would be useful?

I realise the emulator server scene is a lawless, nasty place that breeds paranoia, but keeping quiet also makes it harder for those that might genuinely care to be more proactive.

Disease 09-09-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beldan4 (Post 3180399)
Ok someone just posted in discord that someone finally got around to explaining WHY red keeps getting the shaft every time changes are made to blue (like NToV mobs being rooted). For an entire year we've been left twisting in the wind wondering if we were being experimented on by people that were deliberately and sadistically cruel. Now, we finally come to understand this may not be the case. Red may not being a large community but we do have some resources, which leaves me asking the question...

What do you NEED? I can't believe that your trapped under a global blanket of simply putting a "donation" button up. Can't you say how many man hours of work it is? What skill set is needed? What hardware / software would be useful?

I realise the emulator server scene is a lawless, nasty place that breeds paranoia, but keeping quiet also makes it harder for those that might genuinely care to be more proactive.

Server is fine, I havnt had any issues ingame since I started playing a few weeks ago? I can answer your other questions though.

Man hours? Im averaging a level every 2-3 hours, but Im still in my 20s
Skill set? Make sure to have a light source and have fun
Software? Just titanium

Jump in and give the server a try. Had 40 players on last night which is insane for a 20 year old game.

Menden 09-09-2020 09:19 PM

A second Rogean

Tassador 09-09-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disease (Post 3180415)
Server is fine, I havnt had any issues ingame since I started playing a few weeks ago? I can answer your other questions though.

Man hours? Im averaging a level every 2-3 hours, but Im still in my 20s
Skill set? Make sure to have a light source and have fun
Software? Just titanium

Jump in and give the server a try. Had 40 players on last night which is insane for a 20 year old game.

How many pumices you got in them bags?

Zippo cause no pvp.

Server is fine :)

Disease 09-09-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassador (Post 3180449)
How many pumices you got in them bags?

Zippo cause no pvp.

Server is fine :)

I stay at 20-30 ms, have never been disconnected and server is always up. The server is fine.

And I dont own any pumices because I have cancdl magic

White_knight 09-10-2020 03:45 AM

I'll donate 1,000$ for a new red server.

Lots of other's would probably donate too resulting in the biggest windfall p99 would probably ever get..and them y'all can go buy a new server for the game.

Christina. 09-10-2020 05:29 AM

A new pvp server would be so fun lol I can see it now... Id love to jump another gnome by the mino caves while they aren't expecting it haha

In all honesty though, the staff should really consider resetting red. It's needed. Greens fun, sure... But its fun can't compare to a new pvp servers fun, no way :)

Trainhop 09-10-2020 06:13 AM

Wipe blue first

Robersonroger38 09-10-2020 08:10 AM

^

dennardscott86 09-10-2020 08:16 AM

This is RMT, Ban OP please