Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Mid 20s Untwinked Warrior advice needed (/forums/showthread.php?t=404423)

eqravenprince 06-16-2022 09:54 AM

Mid 20s Untwinked Warrior advice needed

I've been primarily soloing with my untwinked warrior. Looking for places to go or quests to do in my Mid 20's to get upgrades better than banded and weapons better than bone bladed claymore. Where are the popular pick up group item camps? And what camps could I still solo that would be an improvements? I have my smithing up to 176, so working on fine steel is an option. Not sure as barbarian if there is anything beyond fine steel like cultural stuff.

Jimjam 06-16-2022 01:18 PM

Banded is fine to 40+. Iksar berserker club main hand, polished granite tomahawk or obsidian shard (you’ll need a group to get this one) offhand. Ask group to cast root and stand on toes of mob to keep aggro.

I bought plate from vendors on my blue and red wars. It is pricy but has good resell (like 85%). Up to you to decide if that is for you. Crafted armour can be quested from the 20s. At 30+ try for an axe of the slayers.

Allishia 06-16-2022 02:00 PM

Are you on blue?

eqravenprince 06-16-2022 03:03 PM

Green

eqravenprince 06-16-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3470769)
Banded is fine to 40+. Iksar berserker club main hand, polished granite tomahawk or obsidian shard (you’ll need a group to get this one) offhand. Ask group to cast root and stand on toes of mob to keep aggro.

I bought plate from vendors on my blue and red wars. It is pricy but has good resell (like 85%). Up to you to decide if that is for you. Crafted armour can be quested from the 20s. At 30+ try for an axe of the slayers.

Good call on the plate since I can resell. Iksar Berserker Club looks nice, didn't realize something that good could be gotten off a level 14 mob. I'll have to start looking at crafted quest items to collect. Thanks!

Jimjam 06-16-2022 03:23 PM

Lots of good xp spots to visit in the crafted armour quests too. I really enjoyed the tour of Norrath it gave me. Sadly the levelling scene isn’t quite as bustling these days, but /who all 20 30 will show characters close to your level and you can send tells.

If you hit 46 there are likely guilds which will take you plane of sky and kael where there some items which are rot tier to the guilds but huge upgrades to you. Particularly the belt of contention.

Iirc lucy.allakhazam.com lists resale value of items to merchants so you can check you don’t get screwed on anything.

Garnaak 06-16-2022 05:48 PM

Agree with the IBC. It should be in the hand of any untwinked melee type by late teens, imho. It is the weapon of classic EQ. OP for level of attainment. I have one I camped in Kurn's that gets passed down to new (non-rogue) melee and healer births.

Spithridates 06-16-2022 06:10 PM

Mid 20's untwinked I did Guk (Squire Camp), Deepwater Crocs in Oasis, Aviaks and Centaurs in SK. Still in SK 31 at Splitpaw now.