Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rogue Offhand and gear question (/forums/showthread.php?t=314473)

TripleLegit 01-07-2019 03:16 PM

Rogue Offhand and gear question

First, been curious as to why people prefer EoN over Winters Fury for rogue offhand, if i'm not mistaken they are the same ration (WF might even be a tiny tiny bit more? EoN .56, WF .565). I understand EoN looks much cooler, but WF way cheaper and the raw hp is nice.

Second, Which of these would be a better upgrade from Crystal Chitin Gauntlets

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Gauntlets

https://wiki.project1999.com/Gauntlets_of_Fiery_Might

Thanks in advance

Quizlop 01-07-2019 04:24 PM

Besides fashion, there's really no reason to use EoTN over any better ratio weapon in Velious.

It's perhaps one of the most overpriced items in the game when you measure its performance vs cost.

TripleLegit 01-07-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizlop (Post 2837647)
Besides fashion, there's really no reason to use EoTN over any better ratio weapon in Velious.

It's perhaps one of the most overpriced items in the game when you measure its performance vs cost.

I thought so, seeing the price and all the rogues who have one I was trying to see what I was missing. Definitely looks cool for sure

Cecily 01-07-2019 06:41 PM

I traded my edge for a fungi when they were both 100k. Still happy about that deal. Seb dirk is same damage as edge and cheaper. Get one of those instead.

TripleLegit 01-07-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2837737)
I traded my edge for a fungi when they were both 100k. Still happy about that deal. Seb dirk is same damage as edge and cheaper. Get one of those instead.

I actually have a seb dirk, but it is .55, figured upgrading to winters fury would be a decent upgrade since it is .565 plus has some hp on it.

TripleLegit 01-14-2019 07:28 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I went with the Winters Fury.

Next question, is ratio the only thing I should look for in an offhand?

Just discovered I can afford an exquisite Valium warsword which is a ratio upgrade but has no stats. Thanks in advanced

Snaggles 01-14-2019 08:25 PM

Offhand = Ratio and stats > all.

IMHO, offhand ratio min-maxing can cost you a fortune for very little benefit. a 5-10% better ratio for a weapon that swings a fraction of the time. With rogues and backstab damage it's even less of your overall output.

I'm not advocating for an apathetic slippery slope. There are just probably better things to buy unless all your slots are shiny from the best that EC has to offer.

Gozuk 01-18-2019 06:37 PM

Honestly if it were me, I would choose a Skyfury Scimitar over the winter's Fury, especially at level 56. The +7svm and +7svc in the offhand seems better than +6 Str and 25hp. Same ratio and the Scimitar arguably has a better look (at least it's not the rusty sword graphic Winter's fury has) for the same price.

Doctor Jeff 01-18-2019 07:54 PM

Ive always maintained that winters fury is a terrible item with absolutely zero redeeming qualities.