Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   KC is going from bad to worse (/forums/showthread.php?t=317251)

kaluppo 02-11-2019 06:36 PM

KC is going from bad to worse

I swear the server population has increased this year. I especially notice it in Karnors Castle. When I first got there with my Cleric at lvl 50 the zone seemed ok. There was the normal groups going: LCY, Hands, Basement and sometimes rcy and captain. Soloers and duos would camp the moat sometimes. Zone count was usually in the 20's and the was enough mobs to go around. Even when I couldn't find a group I never had a problem finding a solo pull from the moat or hallway.

Now it's crazy. 30+ people in the zone at peak hours. All camps taken and then some. I have seen people camping the skeletal lookouts for crying out loud. It has gotten so bad that I have sat FM waiting for 5 minutes for the monk to bring us a mob at the hands camp. If I had a PP for every time I heard a puller say "nothing is up" I could buy a fungi tunic! I can't even solo there any more. The moat is always empty now. Again this is during peak times. Non-peak times is a whole different story.

I have resorted to soloing in Burning Woods. There are still blue mobs there for a lvl 59 and nobody is challenging me for them. XP is slow but at least it's moving forward.

3 more blue till 60!

kaluppo 02-11-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaluppo (Post 2858889)
I swear the server population has increased this year. I especially notice it in Karnors Castle. When I first got there with my Cleric at lvl 50 the zone seemed ok. There was the normal groups going: LCY, Hands, Basement and sometimes rcy and captain. Soloers and duos would camp the moat sometimes. Zone count was usually in the 20's and there was enough mobs to go around. Even when I couldn't find a group I never had a problem finding a solo pull from the moat or hallway.

Now it's crazy. 30+ people in the zone at peak hours. All camps taken and then some. I have seen people camping the skeletal lookouts for crying out loud. It has gotten so bad that I have sat FM waiting for 5 minutes for the monk to bring us a mob at the hands camp. If I had a PP for every time I heard a puller say "nothing is up" I could buy a fungi tunic! I can't even solo there any more. The moat is always empty now. Again this is during peak times. Non-peak times is a whole different story.

I have resorted to soloing in Burning Woods. There are still blue mobs there for a lvl 59 and nobody is challenging me for them. XP is slow but at least it's moving forward.

3 more blue till 60!

kaluppo 02-11-2019 06:39 PM

Sorry I accidentally hit quote instead of edit LOL. Just wanted to fix a grammar error.

indiscriminate_hater 02-11-2019 07:09 PM

I don't get it - it sounds like you already moved this thread to resolved

JayDee 02-11-2019 07:15 PM

I am guessing weed is involved

ZiggyTheMuss 02-11-2019 07:17 PM

There was like 40 ppl in Unrest the other night lol.

But yeah, this population boom is great, seems more classic. On live, camps seemed much smaller. People were perfectly content with killing several mobs and then having a few minutes of downtime before respawns. Here, the standard always seems to have been that if you aren’t killing non stop then exp is slow.

Tecmos Deception 02-11-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss (Post 2858949)
There was like 40 ppl in Unrest the other night lol.

But yeah, this population boom is great, seems more classic. On live, camps seemed much smaller. People were perfectly content with killing several mobs and then having a few minutes of downtime before respawns. Here, the standard always seems to have been that if you aren’t killing non stop then exp is slow.

We (well, I certainly was, and probably "we" were too) were also generally bad and not geared like we tend to be on p99. The number of things we could kill on live and have a few minutes med break would be less than what a decent solo chanter can keep down on p99.

There were so many spots that a single mob was an acceptable camp for a solo player. Ratraz in third gate. Oowomp in TD. The hermit in SK. Etc. I used to think Ratraz was an amazing camp on live, actually. One kill every 6-7 minutes who dropped a few platinum weapon every time, and you could fix your faction with red wine turnins during the breaks after you medded up? Pure gold, right?

Meanwhile on P99 the idea of a bard diet kind of camp, if you're any class with any solo ability whatsoever and you aren't doing it because you need the slow pace, is unthinkable.

kaluppo 02-11-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater (Post 2858933)
I don't get it - it sounds like you already moved this thread to resolved

There is a resolved section in this forum? J/K

I'm a cleric. I don't want to solo. I want to heal for a group but it's getting harder to get a group and pulling is slower then it used to be. This is more of an observation then a rant but whatever. I just know it wasn't this bad before Xmas this year.

Problem with BW is soloers there are always bugging me for a rez. Can't they read my name?

indiscriminate_hater 02-11-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaluppo (Post 2858969)
Problem with BW is soloers there are always bugging me for a rez. Can't they read my name?

now there's something I can latch onto

Swish2 02-11-2019 08:02 PM

If you're doing KC at 59 you're part of the problem ^^