Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Auction Tracker Data (/forums/showthread.php?t=312819)

Ndlovunulu 12-14-2018 04:46 PM

Auction Tracker Data

Anyone know who controls the data from the Auction Tracker on the P99 wiki? I'm an economist who works on price dynamics and I think it'd be fun to write a paper with that data on auctions and/or price adjustments.

Any leads on who to talk to?

Legday 12-14-2018 05:21 PM

That would be me. How can I help?

loramin 12-14-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndlovunulu (Post 2826111)
Anyone know who controls the data from the Auction Tracker on the P99 wiki?

Really no one controls it, because anyone can upload logs to http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:AuctionTracker. A script then parses them and populates special database tables with the data, and then the wiki uses that data for the auction tracker results on item pages.

The script was originally written by Ravhin, so if anyone "controls" it it would be him. He doesn't play anymore but I think he still responds to PMs. Also if you are familiar with PHP you can find his source code here.

Legday 12-14-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2826167)
Really no one controls it, because anyone can upload logs to http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:AuctionTracker. A script then parses them and populates special database tables with the data, and then the wiki uses that data for the auction tracker results on item pages.

The script was originally written by Ravhin, so if anyone "controls" it it would be him. He doesn't play anymore but I think he still responds to PMs. Also if you are familiar with PHP you can find his source code here.

You’re no fun

Legidias 12-14-2018 06:51 PM

EC fatcats who artificially inflate prices control auction tracker.

Quizlop 12-15-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2826178)
EC fatcats who artificially inflate prices control auction tracker.

Remember when there was that great site that tracked auctions in real time, and you could easily see the market values of items and whether recent traders were online, and it was like the closest thing possible to a Bazaar in p99?

aaezil 12-15-2018 01:56 AM

Boutik posting dem inflated prices

kaev 12-15-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizlop (Post 2826334)
Remember when there was that great site that tracked auctions in real time, and you could easily see the market values of items and whether recent traders were online, and it was like...

It was like this amazing resource that exposed the jerks manipulating in-game prices for the greedy shitbirds that they are? And then it was crushed by DDOS attacks? And do any of you actually doubt or deny that p99's EC tunnel is fueling RMTs that are paying somebody's rent? (and opiod/meth/weed bills)

Frug 12-17-2018 01:37 PM

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions-live ?

But remember that there IS NO WAY TO GET MARKET VALUE; wiki included. All any of these log scrapers can do is tell you how much people are *asking* for. So it's good as a place to start.

Legidias 12-17-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frug (Post 2827331)
All any of these log scrapers can do is tell you how much people are *asking* for. So it's g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ not a good place to start.

FTFY