Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Pathing here is super unclassic. (/forums/showthread.php?t=364649)

Zipity 08-01-2020 08:54 PM

Pathing here is super unclassic.

15 of the last 20 Bug reports are pathing issues, this Seems to have been an issue for almost a year. Pathing in EQ or P99 has never been perfect but it seems to have gotten significantly worse in the last year or so. Pretty much every single zone in the game, if there is any sort of tunnel, walls, turns, bridges, water, hills, rocks, mobs get stuck or bounce back and forth. If you pull more than one only a couple will come if any and the others will break loose after the others die or when you sit down or stay still long enough. Basically if it isn’t a wide open outdoor zone the pathing has made many many zones difficult or unenjoyable, even unplayable in the way that is certainly intended. I feel that fixing the pathing would be the single most significant change that could help the entire player base and staff alike. Pulling mobs would be smoother resulting in less petitions on raiding and grouping Encounters as a whole. Who has played in the last 6 months and not had an issue with pathing Atleast once in each and every session, whether it be mob getting stuck, going through walls, falling through floors, warping, etc? For me a year ago - these issues were rare occurrences and not frequently to daily occurrences in almost every zone... what has happened?

Snortles Chortles 08-01-2020 09:08 PM

asdfasf

Zipity 08-01-2020 09:27 PM

Please everyone share your experiences of Recent bad pathing, even if they are repetitive and/or redundant experience let’s get them all here, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and pathing needs to be fixed!!!

Castle2.0 08-01-2020 09:30 PM

*whispers into the cold, dark night*
mistmoore fountain

Topgunben 08-01-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipity (Post 3163704)
15 of the last 20 Bug reports are pathing issues, this Seems to have been an issue for almost a year. Pathing in EQ or P99 has never been perfect but it seems to have gotten significantly worse in the last year or so. Pretty much every single zone in the game, if there is any sort of tunnel, walls, turns, bridges, water, hills, rocks, mobs get stuck or bounce back and forth. If you pull more than one only a couple will come if any and the others will break loose after the others die or when you sit down or stay still long enough. Basically if it isn’t a wide open outdoor zone the pathing has made many many zones difficult or unenjoyable, even unplayable in the way that is certainly intended. I feel that fixing the pathing would be the single most significant change that could help the entire player base and staff alike. Pulling mobs would be smoother resulting in less petitions on raiding and grouping Encounters as a whole. Who has played in the last 6 months and not had an issue with pathing Atleast once in each and every session, whether it be mob getting stuck, going through walls, falling through floors, warping, etc? For me a year ago - these issues were rare occurrences and not frequently to daily occurrences in almost every zone... what has happened?

Truthfully I have a hard time remembering exactly how pathing was in classic. I know currently Guk is a mess with all the healing going on through walls, but I believe that was classic as well.

Arteker 08-01-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgunben (Post 3163740)
Truthfully I have a hard time remembering exactly how pathing was in classic. I know currently Guk is a mess with all the healing going on through walls, but I believe that was classic as well.

it was, u had to know where to place mobs to avoid trough walls healin, i think people dont remember very well wich eq had that issue on alot of dungueons
Hell back then u could taunt trough walls even.

Topgunben 08-02-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arteker (Post 3163757)
it was, u had to know where to place mobs to avoid trough walls healin, i think people dont remember very well wich eq had that issue on alot of dungueons
Hell back then u could taunt trough walls even.

ya I kind of figured. What I do know is that I die a lot less on P99 than I did back in true classic. Back then no one knew what was going on, myself included. it took me quite some time on my warrior to realize that no matter what something conned, be it red yellow blue or green, there was a good chance it was going to kick my ass.

Tethler 08-02-2020 04:56 AM

Worst pathing I've seen recently was Permafrost goblin king room. Pulling almost anything from the lower area to the upper area causes it to fall through the floor and bring a train from elsewhere in the zone.

Zipity 08-02-2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 3163827)
Worst pathing I've seen recently was Permafrost goblin king room. Pulling almost anything from the lower area to the upper area causes it to fall through the floor and bring a train from elsewhere in the zone.

Thankyou - we need more accounts like this

The giants in Kael will caught on the Tiny rocks and bridges also being unable to path through unless you stand still for a long time. I’m sure others have noticed this.

greenspectre 08-02-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3163734)
*whispers into the cold, dark night*
mistmoore fountain

This. Stand outside fountain room in side courtyard, sic pet. Watch pet run into PIANO room and pull a train.