Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wizard: Things to do at 60 (/forums/showthread.php?t=352841)

thewrush 03-19-2020 10:56 AM

Wizard: Things to do at 60

Anything a wizard could do at 60 besides porting? Anything to camp beside the obvious one (JBoots). Grouping chances are slim to none in popular end game dungeons...

Lampolo 03-19-2020 12:51 PM

Nuke a boss

Izmael 03-19-2020 05:16 PM

I've never played a wizard past level 4 (and that was in 2000), but I'd say, at 60, you can
- Pursue the wizard epic quest
- Join a raiding guild and drop nukes on dragons and giants
- Make some friends and join them on fun expeditions in dungeons and whatnot.

People say Wizards can never find a group. That's true - for most, but not all of the Wizards. A small percentage of Wizard mains I encountered are exceptional players and would be welcome to any party of mine at least.

Not because their spells are so useful (although some of them are, like Evac or Snare or Root) but because they are knowledgeable and fun people who are always on their toes when adventuring in a group.

And that's more important than the class being played really.

strongNpretty 03-19-2020 05:18 PM

Wizards are dope. Shout out to my man Nizern.

Endorra 03-20-2020 10:12 PM

Park it in a good spot to help your guild mobilize for raid targets.

Then reroll.

Wallicker 03-20-2020 10:53 PM

Group with a swarming bard we welcome that burst Pbaoe dmg

Videri 03-20-2020 11:22 PM

Shawl. :cool:

You will need help on some parts, but you can buy a lot of the parts. You can probably solo-farm certain items to sell for plat to fund the project.

kjs86z 03-21-2020 09:06 AM

Join a guild, get your epic, get some phat loots and pew pew big targets.

You feel super amazing on things like Jorleag and anything with low hp (VP, trak, etc).

Jimjam 03-21-2020 09:23 AM

Source material for EQ is DND. which in turn is just a rebranded Middle Earth.

So, by going to the true origins of the world we can see powerful, high level wizards should be gathering parties of great adventurers, with a tag along noob, to complete quests of epic importance.

Basically form a cabal to lock down rare spawns and sell loots to people that couldn’t organise acquiring these items themselves.

kjs86z 03-21-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3100273)
Source material for EQ is DND. which in turn is just a rebranded Middle Earth.

So, by going to the true origins of the world we can see powerful, high level wizards should be gathering parties of great adventurers, with a tag along noob, to complete quests of epic importance.

Basically form a cabal to lock down rare spawns and sell loots to people that couldn’t organise acquiring these items themselves.

posts like this are why we need a thumbs up / like feature on this forum