Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   error 1018 (/forums/showthread.php?t=85065)

polishanarchy 09-28-2012 05:10 AM

error 1018

Hello,
I'm pretty new here, I just started last week. A few people might know me as Kumadar, currently a level 10 necromancer. So far the game has been great, everyone is super friendly and helpful. I was just logging on for a bit but when I try to join the server (project1999, ruins of Kunark) I get the message, "Error 1018: You currently have an active character on that EverQuest Server, please allow a minute for synchronization and try again."

What does this mean? I'm kind of concerned, given what it suggests...I changed my password just in case, but waiting still doesn't let me log in. I've confirmed that I can connect to other servers and enter the game world on those...I'm hoping this is some kind of server hiccup but I'd appreciate any input just to be sure. Thanks!

avitron8 10-18-2012 12:01 PM

I keep getting this same error now. Sometimes it will be 5 hours before I can log on. Most times it has been 12+ hours since the last time I played too.

brildon 02-02-2013 12:00 AM

i too am randomly getting this error, and have not even logged on in the pass couple of days, does anyone know what could be causing this?

gotrocks 02-02-2013 01:13 AM

It's a known issue that really sucks. It's account specific.

If you're under level 20, I would *strongly* suggest making a new account and using that.

If you're more invested in your character than that, you can try to reinstall EQ to a new directory and leave your current install in the directory its in. Then try alternating between the two clients - sometimes this solves the problem, but not always.

Again, this is a known issue with no known fix. The best idea is to simply make a new account.

gotrocks 02-02-2013 01:23 AM

I added this to my Tech FAQ as well, so hopefully people won't have to wait for an answer on this issue anymore.

arosian 04-15-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrocks (Post 834849)
It's a known issue that really sucks. It's account specific.

If you're under level 20, I would *strongly* suggest making a new account and using that.

If you're more invested in your character than that, you can try to reinstall EQ to a new directory and leave your current install in the directory its in. Then try alternating between the two clients - sometimes this solves the problem, but not always.

Again, this is a known issue with no known fix. The best idea is to simply make a new account.

The problem is account specific on the server side, not client specific. I have tested logging in from multiple computers, IPs, and locations with no success. My account has been returning 1018 now for over 24 hours.

Swish 04-15-2013 11:28 PM

Cool, so bumping/necroing 5 threads on the same topic... has that fixed it for you?

Lyra 04-16-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arosian (Post 922602)
The problem is account specific on the server side,

I think it might be related to EQEMU, not necessarily the P99 server.

Lyra 04-16-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 922694)
Cool, so bumping/necroing 5 threads on the same topic... has that fixed it for you?

He's frustrated Swish. He's trying to call attention to this issue in hopes it will get looked at again. It's just thread bumping, not really hurting anyone. He didn't even call anyone any names.

arosian 04-16-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 922694)

This bug completely negates the ability for people to play the game. Attention needs to be raised about this issue even if that means casting a 0% rez on the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyra (Post 922732)
I think it might be related to EQEMU, not necessarily the P99 server.

I have no way of confirming such, but I have never experienced this bug on any other server. I have written a lengthy bug report describing my experiences.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=105606