Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Sunday, April 19th, 2020 (/forums/showthread.php?t=356056)

Ashenden 04-19-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBellamy (Post 3114099)
But there aren't THOUSANDS of people who absolutely NEED nerfed bullshit to SUCCEED.

It's literally you and like a dozen others. Maybe 15-20 people altogether. Everybody else, and believe me I am speaking for the vast vast vast majority of players here, we don't give a shit about your min-max strategies and are just happy to be part of some group or raid that does anything fun. And if we don't kill it or wipe or take too long it doesn't matter. It only matters to a small core of hyper-aggressive min-max exploiters. And when I say exploiters I don't mean exploiting mechanics, I mean getting a ton of people to believe your bullshit about success and making them do your boring thing. Click faster maggot!

Drugs are one hell of a drug, apparently.

Baler 04-19-2020 10:44 AM

People are going to be upset by this change, If the staff knew this was not how classic era played.
Why didn't they make this change 10 years ago! This is just like the 25 AE cap.

JBW0717 04-19-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooted (Post 3114134)
You farmed them for people to use them for the non intended purpose.....Don't act high and mighty now.

Nice bag of paperweights.

Fair point. I agree. However I do actually use them for personal use, and not to be abused as well. So there is that aspect as well.

hotkarlmarxbros 04-19-2020 11:05 AM

It's funny to see the outrage that existed on the forums when the pet window was taken away not be mirrored here. So many people are content playing the game with minimal utilization of resources to be a competitive player, instead just want to grind the same redundant content over and over, barely fumbling their way through a fraction of their classes kit and happy to call it a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veleria (Post 3114011)
Having tanked everything in the classic era on a war without the huge amount of clickies we use on p99, it's all very doable. Guess some guilds that rely on deep wallets and bags of clickables might have to Git Gud.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashenden (Post 3114021)
It's hilarious that you're saying the definition of high skill in Everquest is... auto attacking the mob for aggro procs and rolling a normal CH chain.

Yikes.

Truth

branamil 04-19-2020 11:12 AM

Guys, throw in a few bucks donation today https://www.project1999.com/

These 3 guys worked FOR FREE on a game that you've probably spent hundreds of hours on. And I know you're probably going to order takeout today, just take one appetizer off the order and donate instead. Do it!

zaneosak 04-19-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matticas (Post 3114133)
Clickies (and their quirks) are a huge part of what makes classic Everquest so distinctive and fun. I collected them as a middle schooler way back on live and it is/was my favorite thing about P99. This is really disappointing.

You might have collected them but you didn't use them in the way the p99 raid scene does. Nobody is stopping you from collecting them. Go nuts

Loke 04-19-2020 11:27 AM

To be fair, P99 is still the best custom EverQuest server around. At least we can finally put to rest the claims of this trying to be a classic recreation.

loramin 04-19-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loke (Post 3114200)
To be fair, P99 is still the best custom EverQuest server around. At least we can finally put to rest the claims of this trying to be a classic recreation.

Is there a better and/or more classic classic server around?

I think not.

Stickyfingers 04-19-2020 11:35 AM

Officially a drugbox now. Sad times, no longer classic, a shame.

twill86 04-19-2020 11:36 AM

My biggest concern is the economy. Recharges were the only thing taking large amount of plat out of circulation. I am worried about the inflation problems this will cause.