Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A Friendly Public Service Reminder about Bards (/forums/showthread.php?t=100456)

Grimmly Fireforge 03-02-2013 06:02 PM

A Friendly Public Service Reminder about Bards

Pro-tip: If Bards monopolizing the mobs in a zone causes you to fly off the handle like a raging baboon, perhaps don't go to South Karana or Overthere.

These zones are Bard territory. Shit's classic dogs. Get mad.

Bards gonna kite what they wanna.

http://i.imgur.com/wosb9sk.gif?1

P.S. - Nothing will stop me, but complaining about it in OOC/shout will only make me pull even more mobs and monopolize MORE of the zone.

P.P.S. - Sunglasses oversized to illustrate the 0 number of fucks given by your average Bard . We be gettin that phat XP doggs. Stay mad. :cool:

senna 03-02-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimmly Fireforge (Post 870843)
Pro-tip:

P.S. - Nothing will stop me :cool:

Once OT goes green most bards stop leveling in general

Ephirith 03-02-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senna (Post 870855)

Grimmly Fireforge 03-02-2013 06:13 PM

OT goes green sometime in the high 40s/low 50s.

I was getting like 2-3 levels a kite in OT all the way through level 48. Slowed down to about 2-4 yellows a kite after that.

Could have continued in OT through low 50s but switch it up to BW after, profit.

Tiggles 03-02-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senna (Post 870855)

It's funny Because it's true

We have to deny most of our bard apps because they have no idea how to play there class.

webrunner5 03-02-2013 06:17 PM

Who gives a shit about 20 Bards that make it past level 10. And 5 of them twist one song in a group.

Grimmly Fireforge 03-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimmly Fireforge
P.S. - Nothing will stop me

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F9rf5S_Tag?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F9rf5S_Tag?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Ephirith 03-02-2013 06:20 PM

Also, to cite precedent:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelinda (Post 279688)
There is a difference between swarm kiting and being a griefing annoyance to the zone.

If you are running around gathering the entire zone and stealing mobs from other people who are camping there if they have them mezzed etc whatever with your AE and training people and killing them and hogging the entire zone for a ridiculous amount of time then I personally will consider you to be griefing and you will win a suspension.

I have played bards. I "get" swarm kiting. but, I never trained anyone, and I never kited the entire damn zone.

Stop being selfish during peak hours in highly populated zones. Because when you are selfish I get a ton of petitions and have to show up to the zone.

When someone calls you out on it, don't be an ass.

Be reasonable and play nice please.

And by a similar token... people who petition at the drop of a hat without attempting to work things out with a /tell first? Seriously. L2B an adult :p

I interpret this as being subject to the discretion of the guide. With an attitude like OP has in his post, I can only imagine the impact that would have.

/tell OPBard hey man would you mind leaving a couple mobs for my 6 man group? (or my enchanter brother who is trying to learn to charm outside a dungeon)

OPBard tells you," LOL u mad? U mad jelly bro? Deal with it. B-| lol mom I did a meme"

SupaflyIRL 03-02-2013 06:24 PM

Shut up you idiots this guy is going to drive all the idiot non bards into dungeons where they belong so my melee chars can mooch xp off their asses instead of sitting LFG.

Brut 03-02-2013 06:25 PM

Include Oasis if possible, hate seeing two full groups fighting over a handful of crocs when Uguk has 0 players in it.