Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New to p99. Need some advice. (/forums/showthread.php?t=315382)

Validar 01-19-2019 11:42 AM

New to p99. Need some advice.

Hello all, im new to p99 and so far I知 loving it. The community is great and so helpful.

I started a dark elf enchanter and I love it. My only question is. I did not choose agnostic and I read because of that my illusions will not work since I worship Innoruuk.

I知 currently lvl 9. I知 thinking should I re-roll? Start over? Or does the religion really not make a big difference in the end?

I really don稚 want to restart but if it痴 something I need to do I will.

Let me know what your opinion is please.

Konu 01-21-2019 11:18 PM

It's probably for the best that you re-roll. In general, if you can, it seems that for casters it's best to roll Agnostic. I believe that illusions are faction modifiers, so it'll only help change your faction somewhat.

To quote Loraen's guide:

Quote:

The safest bet is Agnostic. Illusion can conceal your race, but somehow all NPCs are able to divine your religious preferences regardless. Worshipers of evil gods may be killed in good cities regardless of their illusion and vice versa.

Swish2 01-22-2019 12:54 AM

You could possibly faction your way out of it.

Think in terms of where an Innoruuk deity choice is going to cause trouble though and is it worth the reroll?

Freeport tolerates Innoruuk humans so that'll be fine there, which leaves...

Qeynos
Halas
Rivervale

Erudin (possibly)

Kaladim
Kelethin
Felwithe
Ak'Anon

Cabilis (possibly not with Iksar illusion)

...for the record you can invis/wall bank in Felwithe on Faydwer, and its easy to faction up Erudin/Paineel in the Warrens.

I probably would check some of those cities out in the native illusion and see how it looks.

As a marker, a Cazic Thule worshipping Erudite cleric is fine in North Freeport's cleric guild.

Nozdormu 01-22-2019 03:18 AM

Reroll, it’s one of the few things you can regret all the way to 60 and not fix with gear

ShiaLuva19 01-22-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validar (Post 2844151)
I知 currently lvl 9. I知 thinking should I re-roll? Start over? Or does the religion really not make a big difference in the end?

First, welcome! I recently joined as well, it's been a blast so far.

So yeah, re-roll. There was one suggestion that you could faction out of it, factioning out of it would take longer than re-leveling to level 9 as you are now.

Foxplay 01-22-2019 03:37 AM

Re-roll

Bardp1999 01-22-2019 04:49 AM

Faction is fairly pointless I wouldn't worry. But if you are only lvl 9 that's not too much of a hurdle to re roll.

My iksar necro is hated in every city but Cabalis and it doesn't matter at all or inhibit me in any meaningful way.

kyrobo 01-22-2019 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2846097)
Faction is fairly pointless I wouldn't worry

It's important for several enchanter quests which involve traveling / talking to people in different cities.

ShiaLuva19 01-22-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2846097)
Faction is fairly pointless I wouldn't worry. But if you are only lvl 9 that's not too much of a hurdle to re roll.

My iksar necro is hated in every city but Cabalis and it doesn't matter at all or inhibit me in any meaningful way.

Haha comparing a necromancer to an enchanter is night and day. A diety KOS chanter negates half of the usefulness of being an enchanter, not to mention the quests as previously mentioned.

Validar 01-22-2019 10:27 AM

Thank you all for the advice. It makes me cry but I guess I will re roll. I don’t plan on going anywhere and I’m having a blast on p99. I don’t want a simple mistake in the beginning give me a negative experience later in the game.

My next question is. I have had a few really nice people give me a few things. The community is amazing on p99. How do I get the gear and plat from my old toon to my new one???