Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ok. This is not classic. Why won't you revive the sleeper? (/forums/showthread.php?t=329729)

Beldan4 07-11-2019 10:56 AM

Ok. This is not classic. Why won't you revive the sleeper?

Seriously, we came here to re-live the dream of EQ. I thought that was the whole point. Not be screwed by top level players again who literally just want to screw people. The GM's mess with Leash, agro, range, sit casting, ToV mobs rooted, Vender recharge (if your on red).

WHAT IS THE LOGICAL REASON FOR LEAVING THE SLEEPER DEAD? other than to be JUST AS MUCH A TROLL AS THE PEOPLE THAT WOKE IT?

Xulia 07-11-2019 11:11 AM

IIRC, It's supposed to be a 1-time event per server that affects zones outside of Velious, from Permafrost to Naggy's Lair, Skyshrine, etc. That results in a LOT of zone disruption.

The most valuable loot from the Warders (Primal Velium) can be obtained from other boss mobs in Sleeper's Tomb, so there's no reason to respawn them.

I imagine the decision to leave The Sleeper dead is because this is where Project 1999 ends at Velious, and respawning him just to have him wake up possibly less than 24 hours later and begin steamrolling all of creation for the lulz is pretty dumb, but that's just speculation from a broke Lizard.

Lewkeng 07-11-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xulia (Post 2934916)
IIRC, It's supposed to be a 1-time event per server that affects zones outside of Velious, from Permafrost to Naggy's Lair, Skyshrine, etc. That results in a LOT of zone disruption.

The most valuable loot from the Warders (Primal Velium) can be obtained from other boss mobs in Sleeper's Tomb, so there's no reason to respawn them.

I imagine the decision to leave The Sleeper dead is because this is where Project 1999 ends at Velious, and respawning him just to have him wake up possibly less than 24 hours later and begin steamrolling all of creation for the lulz is pretty dumb, but that's just speculation from a broke Lizard.

they drop some amazing stuff other then primals.

Darkyle 07-11-2019 11:16 AM

I think it would be cool if a quest line was put in and not announced and if somehow someone happens to discover / solve it, the sleeper would be revived.

Xulia 07-11-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewkeng (Post 2934917)
they drop some amazing stuff other then primals.

True, and they are very nice items - Shroud of Longevity, Shield of the Clawed Guardian etc.

Sucks that they (probably) won't drop again, but plenty of items no longer drop and we have to live with it.

Crawdad 07-11-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beldan4 (Post 2934912)
Seriously, we came here to re-live the dream of EQ.

Somebody already lived it. Sorry that you missed it, good luck next go around.

Jimjam 07-11-2019 11:34 AM

Try red green.

indiscriminate_hater 07-11-2019 12:39 PM

Awakening the sleeper and keeping the sleeper dead are classic mechanics. OP why do you want to remove classic mechanics? I thought you wanted to relive EQ?

Jibartik 07-11-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2934924)
Try red green.

:o

kjs86z 07-11-2019 12:54 PM

What is dead may never die.