Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Trading Hub (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   There is a scam issue (/forums/showthread.php?t=84383)

Ambrotos 09-19-2012 12:04 PM

There is a scam issue

Lately there have been people being trustful of handing over very valuable items to people they hardly know. In return these people are not giving the items back.

NEVER trust anyone to "hold" your items to give to another toon of yours UNLESS you know them. I don't mean " I met him the other day, he seemed cool as I buffed him in ec". A trusted guild member, or someone you personally know.

NEVER trust someone to "escrow" anything UNLESS you know them.

It is a huge pain in the ass to track these people down and ban them for scamming. I want to ban them since they are scum, but it's very time consuming and not the easiest thing in the world to track down.

Just don't do it.

orsk 09-19-2012 12:07 PM

+1

godbox 09-19-2012 12:09 PM

never trust an ec mule. only deal direct with the main

OngorDrakan 09-19-2012 01:57 PM

Drunke, Licensed & Trusted Since 2010 for all your transfer needs ^.^

skorge 10-05-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrotos (Post 728173)
Or even Account sales. It's 100% risk on you to do this. This is also why we don't endorse people selling their accounts.

This is tru. When I traded a few items to get my 60 necro, the guy stripped about 50-70k worth of items off of him before I could log him in (he took 3-4 tinkerer bags and some important resist gear/gebs/etc). Most of the time you can look at the forum name and tell whether or not u can trust them (is the account old and on good terms in the forum community?). The only thing u have to worry about, like in my case, are people who get forum account names from other people when they sell their accounts...that's where the trickery comes in.

Clark 10-05-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godbox (Post 728179)
never trust an ec mule. only deal direct with the main

Great thread. Appreciate the hard work. Just the other day I did a red for blue trade, and was a little hestitant because it was the first time for me. Thankfully he was an honorable gentlemen. To those out there looking to scam, karma is real. :cool:

citizen1080 10-20-2012 12:21 AM

I can't believe no one took over my niche when I left...I know i saved Uthgaard a lot of petitions due to trade scams lol. And made buckets of money while doing it.

GretchenRPH 11-17-2012 09:22 AM

I was always happy to hold a bag for somebody, because it sucked to try to drop a bag behind a rock someplace and log an alt on in time hoping no one saw you. But, I'm still waiting for my titanium disc to arrive in the mail so I don't even know who I am ingame yet :)

I guess I would be more trusting of a high level offering. They probably don't need your altstuff as they should have ample funds on their own. But yeah, you take your risks.

Sauria, formerly of Order of Antondwer, Vazaelle server back in the day.

Randarn 12-02-2012 06:26 PM

Um...Well I guess I contradict this entire post. lvl 15 warrior main. Located under T1 - apparently Bob's old spot? Shoot me a pm or tell in game if you ever need help with any consignment/escrow/xfer/price check/etc.

funhorroryes 12-13-2012 07:57 AM

scamming item transfers bannable? is that classic?