Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New Barbarian Shaman On Deck! (/forums/showthread.php?t=300111)

keithbuzasjr 06-11-2018 11:03 AM

New Barbarian Shaman On Deck!

Hi, I'm new to P99 and haven't played EverQuest since 2002 or so. I must say I'm having fun and this game is exactly is exhilarating as I remember. The problem is without any gear or anything I keep getting smacked around and I'm constantly dying. Anyone willing to help a low noob out? It would be much appreciated.

Utanx 06-11-2018 11:25 AM

I recently made a Barb Shaman also. I found level 2-3 pretty rough, you can't handle anything that's yellow and can barely handle white stuff, but keep pushing on. I got mine to level 4 so far and working on white gobs.

Legidias 06-11-2018 11:40 AM

You might want to try your luck being a gopher for people doing IG's or guards; change out their gold / silver or sell their FS drops. You will need to be very good at dodging mobs lol. When I used to solo the IG's on my monk, I would regularly /ooc that anyone under lvl who made it all the way to permafrost would net ~50p (also listed that I am not responsible for their safe return).

6ilchrist 06-11-2018 12:48 PM

I was having a rough time when I made my shaman recently, but one thing I can recommend is scour the newbie area for skeletons. If they have rusty weapons, sell a few for some gold and buy the first few buffs, dex aura and strengthen, I think. Those made early levels a lot easier for me. Also, heal yourself using Inner Fire, it heals almost as much as the early healing spell but is cheaper. Good luck!

Mewse 06-11-2018 01:59 PM

Check the wiki to see if there's any quests in the area you could do for exp/items. The folks in Auld Lang Syne are another great resource as well for someone in your position, as they play untwinked on purpose to get that old school feel. A lot of their members are very knowledgeable and friendly, so if you see a barbarian online you might want to reach out and see if they can offer you any tips.

Just a piece of friendly advice, though; it's pretty universally frowned upon to outright ask for gear or plat. There are plenty of helpful players that will offer to give you a leg up on the server when they find out you're a fresh player. But let that be their idea. Don't be the newbie with both hands out.