Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Project 1999: Teal (/forums/showthread.php?t=339096)

demonith 11-02-2019 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3010837)
So people now have a wiki and know about high ZEM zones and legacy items, big whoop. They're busy zones for a reason. And besides which, I played on live and there were a LOT more people in the busy zones then there are on Green. I'm talking literally no mobs up at any given time with groups tucked in to every corner. I've spent a lot of time in Guk and Befallen on Green and it's not even CLOSE to that. On live in 1999 I remember it taking me WEEKS just to level up into the teens.

It's supposed to be a brutal climb up to the top. That's what makes it EverQuest. And we have SEVEN MONTHS of legacy items. Are people in that much of a rush because achievement messages are making em jealous? :confused:

Frankly your opinion is garbage in my opinion.

Having a wiki and infinite knowledge of the inner workings of EQ drastically changes the experience. Classic had people group in every single zone, being unaware of either item drops or ZEMs. P99 will NEVER recreate the exact experience of original EQ for this alone. It still is brutal compared to other MMoRPGs, but it is nothing compared to how it was originally when everyone was blind on the workings of the game.

Which brings it back to eliminate the ZEM so people spread out to level up and eventually seek out look camps, or split the server so people can not sit LFG for extended periods of time hoping to group.

So please continue to spout your opinion as truth to trigger people who point out your bull shit

Zaes 11-02-2019 01:55 AM

Literally no one's mad. Just keep losing your hype with your pals and find something else to do besides tell everyone the only way EQ is because of how you alone experienced it.

Again the server could remerge in 2-3 weeks, I don't think your brain will totally implode in that time because of everyone camping everything and RUINING CLASSIC for you.

Vaye 11-02-2019 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonith (Post 3010857)
Frankly your opinion is garbage in my opinion.

Having a wiki and infinite knowledge of the inner workings of EQ drastically changes the experience. Classic had people group in every single zone, being unaware of either item drops or ZEMs. P99 will NEVER recreate the exact experience of original EQ for this alone. It still is brutal compared to other MMoRPGs, but it is nothing compared to how it was originally when everyone was blind on the workings of the game.

Which brings it back to eliminate the ZEM so people spread out to level up and eventually seek out look camps, or split the server so people can not sit LFG for extended periods of time hoping to group.

So please continue to spout your opinion as truth to trigger people who point out your bull shit

You sound like a WoW player. Staff won't eliminate ZEM. Dungeons are worth more xp because they are riskier, u can't sow, etc. Your opinion is trash because classic EQ doesn't care about your feelings, it is classic.

If you don't want to try and compete for mobs in high ZEM zones (which in my experience is not even that hard on Green), then go pull in some outdoor zone. If you could only see how many xp mobs are up that you aren't clearing because you're too lazy to move from your desired spot. If anything a more knowledgeable playerbase should know where to go if there's no mobs up where they're at. But I guess just instance a 2nd server so ppl can all go xp fast in guk etc is what ppl want, w/e.

brussel 11-02-2019 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3010870)
You sound like a WoW player.

You're coming across as a bit of a sook, mate. How about you zip it? You're stinking up this thread something fierce with your pooey bottom.

wimlin 11-02-2019 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3010701)
The high population is part of the reason some people aren’t playing. Therefore, when the new server opens, the total population of both servers will probably exceed that of Green.

I’m saying 2500 / 2 could result in 1500. 2800 / 2 could be 2000.

Population will remain classically high.

I agree with this sentiment because I personally haven't been playing much because there is simply never anything much to kill and it gets super boring just waiting around on spawns. Maybe classic was this crowded, but I played everquest pretty early on and I never experienced anything even remotely like this. Every players classic experience was different depending when they started playing and how high a population the server they started on was at that time. There were certainly plenty of people in newbie zones, but still wasn't even 1/5 of what I see here. I wouldn't be surprised if both servers are hitting population numbers close to 2000 which is still probably gonna be real crowded, but possibly allow a little more wiggle room for people that are a bit more casual to level.

demonith 11-02-2019 02:22 AM

I don't have a desired spot other than what is available at the given time, preferably in a high ZEM zone. Otherwise I solo while LFG in said zones I LFG in.

Sure, a more knowledgeable player base would know where to go, which is all of 2-3 ZEM zones bottlenecks that will get worse when the casuals hit this play level, which the casuals will suffer the most from.

WoW, never played it, never intend to, comment is lost on me.

Vaye 11-02-2019 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brussel (Post 3010880)
You're coming across as a bit of a sook, mate. How about you zip it? You're stinking up this thread something fierce with your pooey bottom.

How about quit quoting me in direct confrontation if my opinion is so invalid? Oh I know why, because people like you go 'lalalala' when faced with something they don't want to hear and have to take it out on me. Blame them for stinking up the thread. I was agreeing with another poster here about my concerns about splitting the population. Don't gaslight me for your little dogpile here, kids.

Zaes 11-02-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3010870)
You sound like a WoW player. Staff won't eliminate ZEM. Dungeons are worth more xp because they are riskier, u can't sow, etc. Your opinion is trash because classic EQ doesn't care about your feelings, it is classic.

If you don't want to try and compete for mobs in high ZEM zones (which in my experience is not even that hard on Green), then go pull in some outdoor zone. If you could only see how many xp mobs are up that you aren't clearing because you're too lazy to move from your desired spot. If anything a more knowledgeable playerbase should know where to go if there's no mobs up where they're at. But I guess just instance a 2nd server so ppl can all go xp fast in guk etc is what ppl want, w/e.

For having an idea of classic you're really too stupid to realize why they're doing a 2nd server. Hint: it's not for the higher levels right now. For the third time let me enlighten you, the server will probably not last long enough to be farmed to shit in guk.

Is your wig on too tight? Give that brain some air.

Vaye 11-02-2019 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaes (Post 3010904)
the server will probably not last long enough to be farmed to shit in guk.

I guarantee you it will if people are allowed to move their character over to Teal. I'm almost at the level where I can do evil eye camp myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaes (Post 3010904)
Is your wig on too tight? Give that brain some air.

Reminder that this is not RNF so I won't fire back, but you probably shouldn't be making personal attacks in this thread :)

Swish 11-02-2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3010914)
Reminder that this is not RNF so I won't fire back, but you probably shouldn't be making personal attacks in this thread :)