Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spells: NECRO - Poison Bolt (lv.4) Aggro Too High? (/forums/showthread.php?t=5138)

FatMagic 04-01-2010 03:41 PM

NECRO - Poison Bolt (lv.4) Aggro Too High?

Now I don’t play a Necro on P99, but I’ve grouped with a few of them… and I’ve noticed (and the Necros playing my groups have agreed) that the aggro portion of Poison Bolt found at level 4 is crazy high. I would have aggro from a mob the entire fight (or the main tank would), and the instant the Necro cast Poison Bolt – it was cause the mob to aggro straight on him until the fight was over. There was no breaking the aggro generated by that spell (I didn’t test it with Taunt since I didn’t have that ability).

But when the Necro in the group used any and all other abilities, they wouldn’t pull aggro (unless suddenly spell spamming).

Has any other Necro’s (or friends of Necro’s) at a lower level find this to be true?

Yinaltin 04-01-2010 03:45 PM

cloude desease is way much higher aggro than poison bolt :) even at 28 i can out-aggro a tank with this spell .

FatMagic 04-01-2010 03:54 PM

Maybe Disease Cloud is the spell I meant to refer to... it's the one that causes a green flashing effect on the Mob? I can't remember the exact text it spits out when this happens.

Either way, it's some lower level spell that causes a crazy amount of aggro. If this is classic, then cool I'll drop the thread. Just thought it was really high.

Wenai 04-01-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatMagic (Post 37080)
Maybe Disease Cloud is the spell I meant to refer to... it's the one that causes a green flashing effect on the Mob? I can't remember the exact text it spits out when this happens.

Either way, it's some lower level spell that causes a crazy amount of aggro. If this is classic, then cool I'll drop the thread. Just thought it was really high.

Yep. Disease Cloud in classic was crazy high aggro and it made Shadowknights quite valuable in pickup groups. Necromancers also get the spell.

FatMagic 04-01-2010 04:20 PM

Ok cool - then I'm fine with it :)
Thanks for clearing it up!

Ryvnor 04-01-2010 07:29 PM

Yeah, a lot of our spells have the green animation. I never bothered to use disease cloud as a necromancer on live for the same reasons I don't here, it was always meant to be a threat generator. Poison bolt aggression is working as intended thankfully :D