Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What will be your primary class on Green? (/forums/showthread.php?t=333682)

Deathrydar 09-26-2019 12:01 PM

I don't know yet. Playing with classes on blue that I never even touched before. Probably either Magician or Necromancer....maybe a Druid....I will vote once I have more experience with the Mage and Necro.

gilfaethwy 09-29-2019 12:31 AM

I'm in the same boat as Deathbyradar. Haven't played in about 17-18 years but worked both as a cleric and shaman back in the day (enchanter in beta which was brutal). Not sure what direction I'll be going here.

I'd love to go enchanter again but don't have the time/patience to be so group-reliant to level. 20 years later limits your time to play for many of us!

I'm thinking mage/necro just because it's the easiest to jump on and off as time allows. Can't go druid because the special snowflake inside of me won't allow it.

Deathrydar 09-29-2019 10:48 AM

Shadow Knights get no love! Can't believe that poll has more Paladins and more Rangers than Shadow Knights. Weird.

soronil 09-29-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 2971277)
Shadow Knights get no love! Can't believe that poll has more Paladins and more Rangers than Shadow Knights. Weird.

Guise of the deceiver.

Vexenu 09-29-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soronil (Post 2971280)
Guise of the deceiver.

But still, you figure you would see more Ogre and Troll SKs looking to guise up early for the shrink and FashionQuest benefit. DE SK look with Ogre stats? Sounds good to me.

soronil 09-29-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexenu (Post 2971288)
But still, you figure you would see more Ogre and Troll SKs looking to guise up early for the shrink and FashionQuest benefit. DE SK look with Ogre stats? Sounds good to me.

168% exp penalty on that troll. Guise on big races is cool, but guise on classes that can't be DE is next level. You will for sure see a lot of troll/ogre shamans going for guise.

Vexenu 09-29-2019 11:55 AM

The most surprising aspect of this poll is we currently have more declared Warriors than Magicians. Meaning that literally the worst class in vanilla is slated to have more play than the best class. That strikes me as extremely unrealistic. I predict at least 50% of the declared melees and hybrids will re-roll casters within the first two weeks, once they get reminded how awful untwinked melees are and how ridiculously strong a naked Mage/Necro/Druid can be in comparison.

Danth 09-29-2019 11:56 AM

Shadow Knight showing appropriate classic popularity.

Danth

Gustoo 09-29-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexenu (Post 2971337)
The most surprising aspect of this poll is we currently have more declared Warriors than Magicians. Meaning that literally the worst class in vanilla is slated to have more play than the best class. That strikes me as extremely unrealistic. I predict at least 50% of the declared melees and hybrids will re-roll casters within the first two weeks, once they get reminded how awful untwinked melees are and how ridiculously strong a naked Mage/Necro/Druid can be in comparison.

Dude there's going to be 6 up groups everywhere. Now is the time to pick the class you like.

Fammaden 09-29-2019 12:27 PM

Requesting sticky for the thread.