Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   <Brexit> (/forums/showthread.php?t=332181)

Kaveh 12-11-2019 08:08 PM

Nuke Dublin

feniin 12-11-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaveh (Post 3049244)
Nuke Dublin

:confused:

Jimjam 12-11-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaveh (Post 3049244)
Nuke Dublin

Did you mean Belfast?

Heres one for you conspiracy theorists: the IRA dirty bombed Salford/Manchester and it was covered up...

Kaveh 12-12-2019 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3049259)
Did you mean Belfast?

Heres one for you conspiracy theorists: the IRA dirty bombed Salford/Manchester and it was covered up...

No there are Protestants in Belfast, I meant Dublin

Jimjam 12-12-2019 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaveh (Post 3049436)
No there are Protestants in Belfast, I meant Dublin

Okay.

Tangentially related to Brexit I have to say giving Northern Ireland best of both worlds where they can choose to identify as Irish or British does seem to have alleviated the troubles and from that perspective was succesful.

I do however feel from the international perspective it may not continue to work so well going forth (e.g Good Friday agreement being a stick in the wheel of Brexit - this is all JC's fault for openning them lines of communication with terrorists(!)).

Is there scope Northern Ireland may be cut free? Be given a 'You're not Eire, You're not Britain you are Northern Ireland, now sort out you own problems by yourself'?

Thrombosis 12-12-2019 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonkie (Post 3049108)
What time does the election come on tomorrow?

The exit poll, normally a pretty accurate predictor of the result, comes in shortly after 10pm GMT. We'll probably know the winner by 3am but the final results won't be known until around midday tomorrow.

Thrombosis 12-12-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3049450)
Okay.

Tangentially related to Brexit I have to say giving Northern Ireland best of both worlds where they can choose to identify as Irish or British does seem to have alleviated the troubles and from that perspective was succesful.

I do however feel from the international perspective it may not continue to work so well going forth (e.g Good Friday agreement being a stick in the wheel of Brexit - this is all JC's fault for openning them lines of communication with terrorists(!)).

Is there scope Northern Ireland may be cut free? Be given a 'You're not Eire, You're not Britain you are Northern Ireland, now sort out you own problems by yourself'?

The Good Friday Agreement states how NI may join the Republic, basically there needs to be a referendum. NI becoming a sovereign state is the one thing that unites the different sides in opposition :)

Thrombosis 12-12-2019 10:02 AM

Went to cast my vote just before lunch. Weather is terrible today - I got soaked, and not many people at the polling station. I fear it could be a very low turnout today, which will benefit Corbyn.

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder 12-12-2019 10:05 AM

Other way around. Most of the corbyn voters are young and dont care about the weather.

A lot of Tory voters are elderly and may not get out in the cold/rain/ice. They probably did postals anyway.

If a Tory voter is put off by rain then they need help. I voted in the rain at 7:20am on the way to work :D