Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   New thread where we repeat the same shit over and over (/forums/showthread.php?t=402249)

Tradesonred 04-29-2022 03:10 AM

New thread where we repeat the same shit over and over

You dig?

Gustoo 04-29-2022 04:13 AM

Sounds like a good idea

Jimjam 04-29-2022 04:28 AM

Aw yis!

I want to see a ‘donatometer’ which fills up as donations for red come in. Once the threshold is reached gean uses the funds to buy a physical red server ... or a new green server, idk it’s his (well, the projects) money at that point.

starkind 04-29-2022 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3452698)
Aw yis!

I want to see a ‘donatometer’ which fills up as donations for red come in. Once the threshold is reached gean uses the funds to buy a physical red server ... or a new green server, idk it’s his (well, the projects) money at that point.

👍👍

Tradesonred 04-29-2022 10:07 AM

I think xp loss in pvp fucked up the server real bad during the first 1.5 years, did i ever mention it?

Gustoo 04-29-2022 11:33 AM

No, first time I've heard that valuable insight. You should make this thread in the discord channel since it seems like that is where our venerable staff are more likely to participate.

Did I ever mention that item loot encourages a different, higher engagement style of play that results in a more enjoyable playing experience while leveling up?

The important thing is not to approach the game as if being level 50 or level 60 is the whole point of it.

Or that even barring a new progression server, a ruleset change to red 1.0 could still be a huge step up.

Jibartik 04-29-2022 11:41 AM

FV item rules + Rallos Zek pvp rules + teams

Jimjam 04-29-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3452788)
The important thing is not to approach the game as if being level 50 or level 60 is the whole point of it.

Or that even barring a new progression server, a ruleset change to red 1.0 could still be a huge step up.

Not the first time I’ve mentioned it, but everyone waxes lyrical about low level pvp in crushbone nostalgia, so i think a server where that is more or less endgame is ideal. Usually as faydwer only, level 39 cap, but honestly we could cut out mistmoore and maybe even unrest/cauldron too and have the game just low level fays fighting over orcs in the forests, the mountains and of course cb. Adjust level (or xp?) cap appropriately.

Old_PVP 04-29-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3452792)
FV item rules + Rallos Zek pvp rules + teams

https://i.imgur.com/MAsPro0.gif

Gustoo 04-29-2022 03:26 PM

I think progression is essential to making a mix of goals come into play.

Then, weirdos that like to pvp at lower levels simply stay at low level, and everyone else does their thing., which is why item loot servers are the best. There will always be twinks, which means there will always be people worth hunting at low levels, provided item loot is enabled. Killing nakeds / noobs is the past time for a small small subset of psychopaths, and those psychopaths would in turn be targeted by other item-oriented PK's which would control the psychopaths desire to murder noob players. If noob-slayer is getting himself low mana due to noob slaughtering he is open to being killed by someone hunting gear.

If noob slayer himself is low gear, he is easy to kill, and will just be a sort of zone-nuisance which is totally acceptable.

And that is why anti-training rules I think are essential. If random gnome wizard PK guy is always training everyone in crushbone just to waste their time, its kinda stupid. A pick up group of noobs can't be expected to implement zone control PVP tactics to prevent this.

So training should only be enabled in high level zones and in the PVP hotspot deathpit where manastone is dropping or whatever.

One customization would be scrutinizing what items are droppable and what items are no drop to keep it "balanced" in that way. Seeking no-drop gear was a fun part of rallos zek.