Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Low level zone populations (/forums/showthread.php?t=323405)

Darkaten 04-18-2019 07:59 PM

Low level zone populations

Hey all, just one simple quick question. I've been getting the urge to jump in and check this out, I see that the server is definitely the most popular and has a pretty good population whenever I check EQEMU stats. I'm just wondering what the leveling experience will be like for a noob since the server has been around for a while is there still a good population at low levels or is the vast majority all up at the top and the lower level zones have few players? And are there any particular zones that have a more reliable population at low levels that might be more recommendable to start in?

Thanks

Cyrisnyte 04-18-2019 09:19 PM

I just started a few days ago and I've seen about 6-8 newbies like myself running around Nek Forest, actually 12 on right now between 1 - 12.

loramin 04-18-2019 09:59 PM

Between new players and experienced ones on their fifth alt, there's plenty of people to play with, as long as you stick to the popular zones (which are pretty much the same "XP highway" of popular places like Unrest and Mistmoore that people stuck to on live)..

Swish2 04-18-2019 11:08 PM

If you start in one of the Faydwer cities or Freeport/Neriak you'll never be short of people to group with ^^

Over in Qeynos/Erudin things are a bit more quiet and any trolls/ogres/barbarians will tend to migrate at some point.

All you need is a port and a bind if a quiet city/starting area isn't what you're after - "/who all dial" should give you a list of possible porters to help you get there ^^

Darkaten 04-19-2019 02:31 AM

Alright thanks folks

Arshis 04-19-2019 04:02 AM

Or come join us on red when you have to wait 4 hours for a group in MM. :D Btw welcome to p99 :)

unleashedd 04-19-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arshis (Post 2896454)
Or come join us on red when you have to wait 4 hours for a group in MM. :D Btw welcome to p99 :)

or, you know, play elsewhere if MM is so crowded. but not on red

Cyrisnyte 04-19-2019 08:39 AM

I was playing for a few hours last night in Nek forest and there were between 8 to 16 people on for the entire time.

PL_Barton 04-19-2019 09:51 AM

Honestly, the more people we have coming in the better, I'd love to see Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, and Droga get more love.

loramin 04-19-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PL_Barton (Post 2896527)
Honestly, the more people we have coming in the better, I'd love to see Dalnir, Kaesora, Nurga, and Droga get more love.

Droga and Nurga have plenty of activity now (thanks to the Chardok 2.0 revamp). But Kaesora and Dalnir will always be (relative) dead zones (although Kaesora will at least have some small traffic from people killing Xalgoz).

It would take more than a change in population (ie. a change in ZEM) for those zones to see more actual play.