Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   All Characters Missing On Login (/forums/showthread.php?t=320650)

Dru 03-23-2019 10:58 AM

All Characters Missing On Login

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this?

I used to play back in the day before the EQ Emu/Forum accounts were merged, and I had to link them again on the account page since the password wasn't working.

Noticed all my characters are missing?

Not sure where to post this on the forums.

:(

elwing 03-23-2019 11:00 AM

Are you sure you selected the correct server? The connect last server sometimes act wonky when the server list change on my side...

loramin 03-23-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwing (Post 2881416)
Are you sure you selected the correct server?

Cen 03-23-2019 11:54 AM

Also you have to load in the latest patch files which just,changed recently

elwing 03-23-2019 12:35 PM

You get an error message in the char names wheb you do that error...I think...

aaezil 03-23-2019 12:54 PM

The message in the char screen literally tells you what to do to fix it, instead of reading it and following the directions in game you made a post here. Lol!

Dru 03-23-2019 03:07 PM

Just filed a petition, the proper place to resolve server/sync/eq emu issues, but really just lovely responses thanks

loramin 03-23-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru (Post 2881519)
Just filed a petition, the proper place to resolve server/sync/eq emu issues, but really just lovely responses thanks

As someone who was once in your shoes after logging into the wrong account (and left an embarrassing post here where it took a few kind people to make me understand what had happened), I'd be willing to bet $20 IRL that the problem is on your end and the staff won't be able to help.

Either you logged into the wrong server, or the wrong account, or you didn't patch, or you patched some other server's files after patching, or something strange like that. Maybe you even gave the account to a friend and they deleted all your chars ... but I promise, the server does not just lose peoples' characters. In the half-decade I've played here I've never once heard of that ever happening: if you are on the correct account/server with a properly patched client and no one deleted your characters, they will be there.

fastboy21 03-23-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2881534)
As someone who was once in your shoes after logging into the wrong account (and left an embarrassing post here where it took a few kind people to make me understand what had happened), I'd be willing to bet $20 IRL that the problem is on your end and the staff won't be able to help.

Either you logged into the wrong server, or the wrong account, or you didn't patch, or you patched some other server's files after patching, or something strange like that. Maybe you even gave the account to a friend and they deleted all your chars ... but I promise, the server does not just lose peoples' characters. In the half-decade I've played here I've never once heard of that ever happening: if you are on the correct account/server with a properly patched client and no one deleted your characters, they will be there.

You forgot the other option:

His wife deleted his chars.

eadric 03-23-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastboy21 (Post 2881548)
You forgot the other, option:

His wife deleted his chars.

You forgot the other, other option:

His ex-wife deleted his chars.