Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EQ Conundrum (/forums/showthread.php?t=357502)

jolanar 05-01-2020 10:41 AM

EQ Conundrum

You pull two mobs. One is green and one is blue.

Do you kill the green mob first, because it will die faster?

Or

Do you kill the blue mob first because it's a bigger threat?

Kich867 05-01-2020 10:51 AM

Green almost every time, depending on how green it is. It takes significantly longer to kill a blue, but the damage they both deal is somewhat similar, so it makes more sense to kill the green asap.

Kavious 05-01-2020 10:56 AM

Depends on the group, but most of the time it doesnt matter green/blue

Having a yellow/red will matter more, especially being unable to CC a higher lvl mob

widowblade 05-01-2020 08:54 PM

If I am playing a class that can crowd control I would typically root/mez the green mob and kill the blue mob first simply because my spells have a higher chance of holding on the green mob instead of the blue mob.

If I'm not playing a root class I would probably burn down the lower mob ASAP.

If having to choose between attacking a caster or melee mob I will generally kill the caster first unless I'm an enchanter in which case I would mesmerize the caster.

Hope this helps.

-Sugz

Baler 05-02-2020 08:02 AM

If they're both warriors. Always kill the green mob first, it dies faster. Which means less damage taken in the long run.

Jimjam 05-02-2020 08:13 AM

Chromo drake and guardian wurm. Bard, shaman, druid, necromancer, warrior. Whats the winning move?

Baler 05-02-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3122207)
Chromo drake and guardian wurm. Bard, shaman, druid, necromancer, warrior. Whats the winning move?

Bard kites the chromo away while the rest kill the Gwurm. :cool:
bard dies and 30 mobs come wipe the group :cooler:

edit: are the other 2 Gwurm PH spawns up? because then maybe a mez?
necro roots it on the other side of the area?

magnetaress 05-02-2020 12:50 PM

Greens can almost never do any real dps. You can tank them indefinitely the blue mob is going to kill you and hurt a lot more while you mess around letting the green soak dmg.

The exception I would make is a high conning green caster that can heal the blue or land spells on your tank

U should be kiting rooting and ccing greens

That's my military experience.

Izmael 05-02-2020 01:07 PM

Logic would want you to kill the blue mob first. This way you take less overall damage as you let the highest DPS mob live for less time than the softest mob.

In practice, people usually kill the green mob first though. I don't know why, I do it myself as well. Just feels natural.

Mota 05-02-2020 07:45 PM

Why aren't you pulling red mobs?