Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Make EQ Sound Significantly Better (/forums/showthread.php?t=27308)

maximum 05-01-2013 10:27 PM

Links appear broken.

Corydon 08-21-2014 06:42 AM

I second what Batkiller said. I miss the PC footsteps but enjoy the overall better sounds - escpecially the thunder. (I didn't find the original thunder annoying, but the new one is just awesome, hehe..)

So, thank you! :)

Pirate-X 08-04-2015 08:05 AM

Old thread but still bump because relevant. The footsteps are gone as far as I can tell because they're stereo. I extracted then batch converted everything to mono and footsteps work again. Hopefully it's fine.

http://www.filedropper.com/snd2

GhostCow 08-06-2015 01:31 AM

confirmed - foot steps work for me

Thulghor 08-09-2015 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate-X (Post 1996012)
Old thread but still bump because relevant. The footsteps are gone as far as I can tell because they're stereo. I extracted then batch converted everything to mono and footsteps work again. Hopefully it's fine.

Tried these out, and while the footsteps are nice coming back, the overall sounds themselves sound kinda hollow, as though they're filtered through another speaker or something before being processed. Suppose it might be something on my end though.

TanDemain 08-09-2015 10:50 AM

Does it fix the god-awful bag open/close noises?

NarcolepticLTD 01-27-2016 06:35 AM

No PC footsteps for me, but I'm using the original links (mirror3 worked). Was there an updated version in the last link a few posts above? that is no longer available.

Lady Serpent 02-01-2016 11:04 AM

shame the underwater sound doesn't loop but i have a suggestion for it

why don't you extend it? would love it if someone did that

paulgiamatti 10-15-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate-X (Post 1996012)

Yep - it wasn't just the footsteps, too. If you installed the original patch, you may have lost the following sounds:
  • Bow being drawn and let loose
  • One-hand blunt swing woosh
  • Two-hand blunt swing woosh
  • Round kick woosh
  • Impaling woosh
  • Parrying with a blade
  • Whip cracking
  • Button being pressed
  • Inventory boxes opening and closing
  • Running footsteps
  • Walking footsteps
  • Climbing ladders
  • Rain and thunder
  • Jumping into water
  • Jumping out of water
  • Submerged underwater (loop)

About half of these weren't playing for me - not sure why some worked and some didn't, but in any case these were all rendered in stereo so I converted them to mono and repacked them into the .pfs file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanDemain (Post 2003152)
Does it fix the god-awful bag open/close noises?

I also toned down the insanely bassy, overamplified bag open/close sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Serpent (Post 2179720)
shame the underwater sound doesn't loop but i have a suggestion for it

why don't you extend it? would love it if someone did that

I figured this out too - for some reason the client was reading the file for jumping into water as the underwater loop, so I just switched the file names around. No more constant splash sound while underwater, and now the underwater sound loops properly.

Download, extract to EQ directory, select overwrite: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...99/snd2fix.rar

Immersion level: Godmode.

paulgiamatti 10-15-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulgiamatti (Post 2381535)
I figured this out too - for some reason the client was reading the file for jumping into water as the underwater loop, so I just switched the file names around. No more constant splash sound while underwater, and now the underwater sound loops properly.

Hmm, actually this didn't pan out exactly as I thought. I came up with a pseudo-fix basically by just replacing the treading water sound with the underwater sound loop, since the treading water sound loops properly. So same idea, different method - the treading water sound was pretty dumb anyway.