Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Most Fun Seb King Camp in P99 (story) (/forums/showthread.php?t=314796)

Kelzar 01-12-2019 05:25 AM

Most Fun Seb King Camp in P99 (story)

So here goes a quick story (sorry if english not correct):

I head yesterday to sebilis, with the intention to camp there as was allready late in Spain. After being one minute in the zone in, I get the following:

stranger: Hey, what you up to?
me: Not much, what about you?
stranger: Wanna join up?
me: Where??
stranger: We at king, trio, would be 4 with you

Me thinking to myself: "This shit gonna be boring, 4 man king ... well, lets give a shoot and try 2 cycles /shrug

At that point I join the group, Monk+Sham+Sham + Me (Monk), which had the "Base Camp" at the Brain Room.

5 Minutes later we had the King PH clear, and a new Monk joins

Me thinking to myself: "Wow, 5 man, Im not really up to this so late in the night, lets get one more PH and go sleep"

At that point, and as some of the guys in the group had alts in there, the group composition changes to: Monk, Cleric, Sham, Ench and me (Monk)

The other monk says he is gonna keep pulling random mobs (instead of the typical handfull of mobs per cycle king camp) and he pulls some new spore, and at that point I decide to start bringing some more chained pulls, so while we would finish mobs in camp I keep pulling from inside with an Eye while dpsing the mobs in camp.

We start getting then a constat 1-3 mobs in camp all the time, the fun starts to increase, "but" at some point, one priest gates back to the King plateau room .....

.... fuck it, lets go and fight into king room.

At that point, we move the group to king (was easy as about all mobs were dead but a few randoms here and there, and start using that place as kill spot and camp.

With the high amount of roamers and repoping monsters around that place was so damn fun, as we had about all the time 1-3 spores in the camp and if not we would be eye pulling from around.

Here is a picture of the place looked like

https://i.imgur.com/SoffDQF.jpg

What a fun times, for real. The DPS in the group was really high, as later the other monk also swapped to rogue, so we had rogue + pet + monk DPS

This was 1st time Ive done this King camp on his room in P99, while I remember doing it maybe once or twice in live at that spot .... but didnīt remember it to be this crazy/fun Lol

Thought it was worth to share the story :D

Zabbix 01-12-2019 06:26 AM

Thanks for sharing.

Diogene 01-12-2019 06:35 AM

blue pop is the shit /awesome!
Entirely correct camping King in his own room is the right way to do it.
Thanks for sharing

Yoink1986 01-12-2019 06:56 AM

Little different but I also had a crazy as heck grp in Seb as well with guildies yesterday night. We setup in disco as Me-enc,cle,sk,rog,mage and last spot switch between few classes. Kept VoG on melees and petted up a Krup Knight. Gave it steel hinted flint dagger with torch. Gave it tola robe and -mr gear. And epic haste as well. Then SK using eye pull everything from Seb exit to back of disco. Had up to 6 around us at any given time. Was really some good fun.

DoucLangur 01-12-2019 07:54 AM

Thanks for sharing! I only did that once, back on live, and our group was a bit low on the DPS side. We could keep them down at a steady pace, but we could not catch up any delays in a kill. So respawns eventually caught up with us and overwhelmed us.

I'd love to do it again, as I have the right Shaman for it here :)

That UI looks very interesting - mighty useful, actually. I have never been a fan of using a different UI, but that I might try. Does it actually allow you to access the inside(!) of your bags like that? I.e. they are always open, without getting in the way?

Cool!

/Slozem

Solist 01-12-2019 08:32 AM

So you camped king like we did early kunark? Grats? But yes it would be fun with your dps I bet.

aaezil 01-12-2019 08:38 AM

In this era you could only have 1 (or was it 2) bags open at a time... hope next patch fixes that

Jimjam 01-12-2019 08:44 AM

This opens the precedent that you need to be on king's fort to claim king as camped (line of sight ruling)!

Teppler 01-12-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2840436)
This opens the precedent that you need to be on king's fort to claim king as camped (line of sight ruling)!

That would actually make that camp fun and would spike the value of Fungis.

Raev 01-12-2019 11:42 AM

King on the fort is really fun! That's why I lobbied hard for full groups to be able to claim the camp from people killing the PH from the tube room if they could move in.