Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wiz/War hybrid (/forums/showthread.php?t=308606)

carneadeasy 10-09-2018 07:09 PM

Wiz/War hybrid

just wanted to know if anyone had ever thought about it. tank class. add a line of quick cast rune spells and a few quick cast PB AE and DD, theyd get the self only high elemental resist buffs, all the gates, and only a few TLs in later lvls, but no ports (maybe evac). plate armor. 1h only (no 2h). taunt. double attack. bash. Maybe 1hs only or something restrictive like that. only the races that can be both wiz and war- human, dark elf and gnome. or maybe allow other squishies like high elf and erudite.

There are two wis hybrids, always felt like there should be two int hybrids as well.

just spitballin' here

Legidias 10-09-2018 11:48 PM

So, a bard with self TP and better melee.

Muggens 10-10-2018 01:24 AM

I want a wizard rogue

Pyrion 10-10-2018 01:25 AM

If we go that route, i would rather have a warrior/enchanter hybrid. That would be really new and exciting.

Legidias 10-10-2018 09:06 AM

So, a bard

carneadeasy 10-10-2018 09:14 AM

I fail to see any similarity between a bard and the hybrid tank class described.

Bards sing songs.

Bards arent tanks.

Bards dont have Wizard spells.

Bards track.

Bards pick locks.

Bards CC and charm.

Bard dual weilds.

Bards mana battery.

The comparison is based on what? Plate armor?

carneadeasy 10-10-2018 09:21 AM

Pyrion I agree with you that the War/Enc hybrid would also be awesome. Keep the short cast rune spells. Add short term CC ability. self haste. Maybe a slow? They would be the best tanks if they had a slow :)

Legidias 10-10-2018 09:30 AM

Lets tick off the things:

Bards can:

Tank
Rune
PB AE
DD
High elemental resist buff
Can gate (mobs)
Plate armor
1h only (no 2h)
Taunt (selos consonant chain song is best aggro in game)

So yes, add in better melee and its exactly what you described. (Plus bonus track and CC)

Also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by carneadeasy (Post 2790528)
Pyrion I agree with you that the War/Enc hybrid would also be awesome. Keep the short cast rune spells. Add short term CC ability. self haste. Maybe a slow? They would be the best tanks if they had a slow :)

Again, bard.

carneadeasy 10-10-2018 09:38 AM

No it is not at all what is described. Half warrior means warrior defense. AC boost. Taunt means taunt. Fast cast means it dd and pb ae can be used while melee to hold aggro. hi elememtal BUFF cant be stunned off. Quick cast rune means less healing. Im just not sure you understand how huge these differences are. Bards can do what most classes can do, just limited. No matter what class was posted, a person can say "So, a bard" but its really not relevant. Not talking a jack of all trades, talking about a hybrid tank class like pally and sk.

Troxx 10-10-2018 09:51 AM

Stupid thread created by stubborn OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2790523)
So, a bard

This.