Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What have we not thought of (/forums/showthread.php?t=391622)

CancerMage 09-13-2021 03:19 AM

What have we not thought of

What do you guys think we can ask the staff for next to help even the playing field. I have ran out of things to try to get us who don't have the time or will to out into socking 16 hour windows. I just can't justify that kind of time and effort investment into p99. There has got to be something that staff will find reasonable to change to hamper the poop socking guild from being able to take all the content away from normal players.

Any thoughts would be very helpful. I'm fresh out.

plzrelax 09-13-2021 06:38 AM

PvP enabled in raid zones

YendorLootmonkey 09-13-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CancerMage (Post 3361318)
What do you guys think we can ask the staff for next to help even the playing field. I have ran out of things to try to get us who don't have the time or will to out into socking 16 hour windows. I just can't justify that kind of time and effort investment into p99. There has got to be something that staff will find reasonable to change to hamper the poop socking guild from being able to take all the content away from normal players.

Any thoughts would be very helpful. I'm fresh out.

The answer is simple. On the next iteration of classic servers to start up, instead of Green and Teal, you could have Purple and Mauve:

Purple: Ultra Sweaty Hardcore Neckbeard Competitive Server -- maybe even PVP enabled for true competition that the hardcore neckbeards keep saying they crave.

Mauve: Casual Server -- raid content rotated, strict rules in place for guilds being added to the rotation to make sure the same hardcore autists who have ruined the fun for casual players on P99 for the last 12 FUCKING YEARS don't continue doing so by just flooding the rotation with guilds of alts.

The only reasons ANYONE would have problems with this I can think of:
1) The neckbeards actually don't want to compete against any other guild designed to compete at their level.
2) The neckbeards literally cannot function without the validation from casual guilds while lording their pixels over them in EC tunnel.
3) It would kill the demand for some sort of RMT still going on behind the scenes that GMs haven't shut down yet that people are using to pay rent which is why it's always seemingly absolutely critical to have one guild dominating the content on the server.

Finally, Live classic servers that had GM-enforced rotations would be represented in this museum of nostalgia, and everyone will be happy and can play the way that was fun for them back in '99-'01.

I wonder how the population would skew.

starkind 09-13-2021 08:37 AM

Reduce channeling.

Re-normalize dodge/parry/riposte to pre planar levels. Rogues for starters should be getting missed a lot more below lvl 50. Enough to avoid 8 attacks in a row occasionally. AC mitigation would need to be reworked and individual mobs would need to be retuned across the entire game though. So don't worry.

starkind 09-13-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3361341)
Reduce channeling.

Re-normalize dodge/parry/riposte to pre planar levels. Rogues for starters should be getting missed a lot more below lvl 50. Enough to avoid 8 attacks in a row occasionally. AC mitigation would need to be reworked and individual mobs would need to be retuned across the entire game though. So don't worry.

This would just make dmg more spikey across the board. Ac slightly more meaningful but less effective. And avoidance skills would see bigger gains sub 100 skill. Riposte would become worth training. And mobs would chew up dps from the front a little more too.

Fammaden 09-13-2021 08:47 AM

Disable seven day respawns, quake once per week.

RevSaber 09-13-2021 09:33 AM

Root the mobs and have gm forced rotation and list camps.... Oh wait.

pink grapefruit 09-13-2021 09:42 AM

Strict GM-enforced roleplay.

I want this lol

starkind 09-13-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink grapefruit (Post 3361362)
Strict GM-enforced roleplay.

I want this lol

There was an mmo that did this. The drama was intense.

http://www.planeshift.it/

No idea if their old forums are archived. Ppl probably killed eachother irl over getting banned.

pink grapefruit 09-13-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3361367)
There was an mmo that did this. The drama was intense.

http://www.planeshift.it/

No idea if their old forums are archived. Ppl probably killed eachother irl over getting banned.

Oh that is downright lovely ☺️

Glad someone had the guts to do the right thing. We need this in P99 now!