Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hello and help? (/forums/showthread.php?t=308339)

Drakonrose 10-06-2018 09:06 AM

Hello and help?

Hi. I'm an old but new player returning, or trying to return, to EQ. Since DB games screwed the game up for people trying to play on Mac via wineskin, I have not been able to play at all. Most games I play are not optimized for my Mac since I basically have a server for a computer.
I am desparately waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen to get into Alpha so I can finally play it. No game has been challenging enough except for the early versions of Eq. Al'Kabor was awesome till they hit sunset.
I need some help trying to get my Mac back to EQ. I am not tech-savvy so if anyone can help me that would be great!

Thank you.:)

Muggens 10-06-2018 08:15 PM

Check the tech forums, should be a Mac tutorial there, Im sure. GL

iflytoohigh 10-08-2018 01:20 PM

i play on a mac. it's totally doable. watch this video to get a better understanding of how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM&t=528s

trite 10-08-2018 01:52 PM

VMWare Fusion , just run it on a windows VM

ReconFirestorm 10-08-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vile (Post 2641163)
Do you guys need more posts to receive PMs?

Here it is on drop box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w2poq6laq...t_V45.zip?dl=0

Vile posted the above in the Technical discussion forum. I was able to just download the file and double click. I was able to do this on OSX Mojave without any issues. The first time I started it, it took a while for the program to start.

Drakonrose 10-09-2018 08:48 AM

I tried doing it from the link flytoohigh gave me.But I run into the eqclient.ini file. I can't open it in text edit. Plus mouse mouse won't move at all. It has been a very long time since I have played and I don't think any of my logins work.