Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Miscellaneous: Nerf Bowquest 99 (/forums/showthread.php?t=374659)

Gustoo 05-11-2021 01:14 PM

I agree, the but bug report has been made and adequately documented. The DPS is easy to calculate and not actually relevant.

It seems like a bug, because people used weighted axes for PVP in rallos times but I don't remember anyone having flying freight-train arrows as you guys are describing.

I think that if you had enough Ogre SKs and Ogre Warriors using weighted axes and bows you could trivialize quite a bit of content just arrow blasting aggro kiting back and forth anything that doesn't summon too much. But that doesn't matter as much as the PVP impact since all PVE is trivial and this won't help enough to kill dragons that red 99 doesn't have enough players to take down.

Yeah it felt like a guild recruitment thread.

Jimjam 05-11-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3303823)
I agree, the but bug report has been made and adequately documented. The DPS is easy to calculate and not actually relevant.

It seems like a bug, because people used weighted axes for PVP in rallos times but I don't remember anyone having flying freight-train arrows as you guys are describing.

I think that if you had enough Ogre SKs and Ogre Warriors using weighted axes and bows you could trivialize quite a bit of content just arrow blasting aggro kiting back and forth anything that doesn't summon too much. But that doesn't matter as much as the PVP impact since all PVE is trivial and this won't help enough to kill dragons that red 99 doesn't have enough players to take down.

Yeah it felt like a guild recruitment thread.

Maybe the issue is the archery skill isn't being called correctly. Knights only have like 75 skill, but it doesn't feel like they are that bad when they shoot up.

Botten 05-11-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3303854)
Maybe the issue is the archery skill isn't being called correctly. Knights only have like 75 skill, but it doesn't feel like they are that bad when they shoot up.

Nah it affects Throwing too.

It is main hand delay adding the damage.

The skill only affects whether it hits or misses in mostly PvE... there are other stats factored in PvP like Dex vs Agi.

Tune 05-11-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baugi (Post 3303346)
I'll admit that the discussion has devolved into childishness, but this is a bug report thread, not a guild recruitment thread. Responding to false statements with non sequiturs doesn't really help get at the truth of anything.

The claim that bow damage is comparable to a rogue currently and trivializing content is just silly.

umm with max buffs its quite viable ,

especially if u never need to take an aoe

constant dps never needing to dodge an aoe

lets see some parses

Gustoo 05-11-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3303854)

We should put an SK vs an Warrior and see how they do shooting eachother with arrows.

The SK at 75 skill at lvl60 should be way way behind a warrior who has 240 at lvl60

I suspect your right about the archery skill. Remember how much you miss in PVE with a low skill melee item?

Botten 05-11-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3304105)
We should put an SK vs an Warrior and see how they do shooting eachother with arrows.

The SK at 75 skill at lvl60 should be way way behind a warrior who has 240 at lvl60

I suspect your right about the archery skill. Remember how much you miss in PVE with a low skill melee item?

On Red server Dexterity affects PVP hit rate. It does this by comparing your dexterity to your opponent's agility. There is no evidence that Dexterity affects hit rate in PVE.

I suspect your skill level with a weapon doesn’t play a factor on whether you hit your PvP opponent. Thou some how I do think level plays a factor. Skill level plays a factor as to how many time you hit a PVE mob of a similar level.

This is why players aren’t exactly geared to combat this type of damage.

No one stack AGI for PvP. Not when HP and resists are king.

Tune 05-11-2021 10:03 PM

archery was always bugged

strength affected the hit rate, its probably the same now

Botten 05-11-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tune (Post 3304209)
archery was always bugged

strength affected the hit rate, its probably the same now

I believe STR affects damage as it does in PVE

Strength is a valuable stat for melee and tank characters to increase both their max and average hit of melee and bow damage.

Kief 05-12-2021 02:44 AM

This does need to be nerfed in regards to PvP. A weighted axe and a vendor bow with arrows should not allow a naked warrior or sk large race be able to dominate you regardless of class.

Of course with more gear in the variation it changes but the point is sound. If Nilbog could spare a brief moment send me a PM and I will gladly get the logs required for you to see for yourself.

Symbioticforks 05-14-2021 10:14 PM

It's something people can easily deal with by just playing a little differently. For most people they hug zonelines anyway. Anything indoors and it's pretty bad too. It's whatever.