Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Police caught lying about DNA (/forums/showthread.php?t=397903)

Gravydoo II 01-15-2022 01:40 PM

Police caught lying about DNA

They will submit fake documents during interrogations saying we have your DNA at the crime scene, here is the paper work. They even submit one in court as evidence. Virginia police are corrupt. After they get caught doing it, they said its completely legal to convict someone on a confession from false documents. Going to trail will just get you more time. You think a jury is going to believe you or the documents police submitted?

A lawyer found out when he asked the Virginia Dept of Forensic science for a copy of the DNA test. They had fake employee names, etc. A seal and letterhead from the dept. makes the shit look legit. It was a "strategy" the police used to coerce confessions according to the AG.

They "requested" the police stop doing it... for two years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eral-rcna12053

Hey like you said, if you dont have anything to hide, there is nothing to fear. If you havent done anything wrong... Its not like police would frame someone to juke their numbers.

Jibartik 01-15-2022 01:40 PM

But politicians can be trusted.

Gravydoo II 01-15-2022 02:25 PM

None of them can be trusted. They are all insider trading fucks. There needs to be 10x more oversight of politicians. Lying to your constituents should be perjury.

Moving on. Stop trying to derail my shit, ho.

starkind 01-15-2022 02:49 PM

https://i.imgur.com/EKj8HA1.png

Elizondo 01-15-2022 03:22 PM

Perfectly legal

it's an interrogation. Not evidence being submitted in court.

Jibartik 01-15-2022 03:27 PM

I’m loving all this stuff we’ve done to update the police since the democrats got in office after 100 days of terrorism.

OP is a cop loving democrat.

unsunghero 01-15-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravydoo II (Post 3411360)
They will submit fake documents during interrogations saying we have your DNA at the crime scene, here is the paper work. They even submit one in court as evidence. Virginia police are corrupt. After they get caught doing it, they said its completely legal to convict someone on a confession from false documents. Going to trail will just get you more time. You think a jury is going to believe you or the documents police submitted?

A lawyer found out when he asked the Virginia Dept of Forensic science for a copy of the DNA test. They had fake employee names, etc. A seal and letterhead from the dept. makes the shit look legit. It was a "strategy" the police used to coerce confessions according to the AG.

They "requested" the police stop doing it... for two years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eral-rcna12053

Hey like you said, if you dont have anything to hide, there is nothing to fear. If you havent done anything wrong... Its not like police would frame someone to juke their numbers.

Yes it is not illegal in the United States for police to lie to you during an interrogation, while it is illegal in countries in Europe (I forget which)

This is why you shouldn’t talk to police during an interrogation without legal council. But you have to request it. It’s offered but not automatically given

unsunghero 01-15-2022 05:05 PM

If I remember right this guy (serial rapist, murderer? If I recall) was caught due to a lie about having a footprint on the crime scene that matched his, which wasn’t true. When he heard it, he spilled everything. My memory is hazy though, might have been a different guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=

Gravydoo II 01-15-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizondo (Post 3411402)
Perfectly legal

it's an interrogation. Not evidence being submitted in court.

It was submitted as evidence in court, the fake documents.

unsunghero 01-15-2022 10:29 PM

Correction: in the clip I posted the interrogation took place in Canada, not sure what their laws about truthfulness during interrogations

It wasn’t a lie about the boot print being a match, another video did a deep dive into this interrogation and revealed that the lie was that the detective’s police department had a “world renowned” foot print analyzer. The person he was referring to was just an entry level cop who makes copies of the boot print

The detective’s damning emphasis placed on the matching tire prints and boot prints was also exaggerated, the other deep dive revealed. Had the colonel consulted with a lawyer, the lawyer would have coached him to take the defense that those were both popular tire and boot styles. You have to prove guilt, not innocence, beyond a reasonable doubt, so if another person could have those same tires and boots, then you would really need the DNA component to lean on

I’m assuming they had it, but it was definitely still a deceptive interrogation. Interestingly enough, the guy is considered one of the best interrogators who ever did it, and the interrogation is lauded as an example of how to do an effective one