Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   West Northwest Screen Bug (/forums/showthread.php?t=327414)

mrozee 06-07-2019 04:41 PM

West Northwest Screen Bug

I am getting the weirdest bug in dungeons now on more than one character. For example after logging a character into Unrest basement, after 10 to 15 minutes when my field of view goes through the west the northwest arc, my screen goes purple. Just tried it in the Warrens with a different character and this dungeon goes green screen through the same arc. Logging will temporarily clear it but it eventually comes back.

Has anyone experienced this bug and if so how did you fix it?

loramin 06-07-2019 04:50 PM

Never seen that, but first thing I'd do with any graphical issue is update my graphics drivers. Then if you're completely up to date and still having the problem ... maybe someone else will have a better suggestion :)

ravax 06-08-2019 07:40 AM

I also get the West/Northwest bug (purple screen) sometimes after being on for a while. I don't know why it does it. Sometimes re-logging works. However sometimes I have to re-log a few times. Perhaps someone knows more on why it happens and how to prevent it.

Grimjaw 06-09-2019 03:02 AM

what do you mean by "the west the northwest arc"? is that the northwest corner of the map?

when it turns purple is it just a tint? or completely purple

ravax 06-12-2019 09:36 AM

When your playing the screen will turn purple when facing west/northwest. It looks like some kind of graphics glitch. You literally cannot see anything but purple haze when facing those directions.

mcoy 06-12-2019 01:42 PM

Are you in first person mode, or one of the other cameras? The only time I've had something remotely like that happen was in one of the third person cameras and I somehow got it behind the wall I was standing near. Cycling F9 through the views fixed it, but I mostly play from 1st person so it was a rarity for me.

-Mcoy

maskedmelon 06-12-2019 04:10 PM

this used to happen a lot to me and didn't seem too uncommon among the people I shared it with. relogging (or better yet, rebooting) seemed to be the only fix and like you say, it was only a temp fix. Never did find a permanent fix.

gkmarino 06-12-2019 06:06 PM

This occasionally happens to me as well, was only ever able to temp fix it by closing the client down completely. Not sure what the trigger is.

mrozee 06-12-2019 06:39 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm usually in first person mode. Logging completely out of EQ does clear it but as you can imagine, it's really annoying. Hopefully someone figures it out.

nilbog 06-12-2019 06:58 PM

AMD?