Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   New wiki guide, looking for feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=392745)

Balimon 10-03-2021 09:37 PM

New wiki guide, looking for feedback

The recent thread about mage leveling spots made me want to write up how I figured out the LDC's camp in Solb so I wrote up a wiki guide. It's my first real wiki page and a first draft, feedback would be appreciated!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kurrat%..._for_Magicians

Robot 10-04-2021 07:16 AM

more guides are always welcome gj

Tunabros 10-04-2021 11:02 AM

why would any mage torture themselves soloing down there

Jibartik 10-04-2021 11:08 AM

nice!

Nox spider is my fave looking mob in the game I think, I still get stoked when I see it. Something about a big yellow spider with sharp black stripes in the middle of that brown dungeon is cool

Also stonespider is a ballbuster 4 sure.

Sabin76 10-04-2021 11:28 AM

While I wasn't breaking SS room, I did get into a comfortable groove at 49-50 on my mage in the LDC tunnels; killing the Nox PH, LL sp00der, and the pather from SS room within the time of respawns and room for at least one more if I had the chance. The point then was to get both XP and Words of Incarceration since LDCs were one of two camps that regularly dropped those words in Vanilla.

Nox was doable at that level, but it was definitely a butt-clencher.

loramin 10-04-2021 03:07 PM

Very nice guide!

I added a link to it to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_50-54 (to help others find it), and also added the "Zone Guides" and "Hunting Spots" categories to it.

Balimon 10-04-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabin76 (Post 3370875)
While I wasn't breaking SS room, I did get into a comfortable groove at 49-50 on my mage in the LDC tunnels; killing the Nox PH, LL sp00der, and the pather from SS room within the time of respawns and room for at least one more if I had the chance. The point then was to get both XP and Words of Incarceration since LDCs were one of two camps that regularly dropped those words in Vanilla.

Nox was doable at that level, but it was definitely a butt-clencher.

Hey good point about just grabbing pathers if you can't break the rooms. They do drop words of Incarceration fairly often. They are great exp at that level and can be duoed easily. Yeah Nox ganked me once in classic I was tabbed messing and he double proced poison and I was down so fast. I started carrying antidote potions after that.

Balimon 10-04-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3370953)
Very nice guide!

I added a link to it to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_50-54 (to help others find it), and also added the "Zone Guides" and "Hunting Spots" categories to it.

Thanks Loramin! That's high praise from the wiki guru.

PatChapp 10-04-2021 07:51 PM

Really well written guide, now to buy a ton of resist gear looks like.

Seducio 10-05-2021 09:05 PM

Great guide. I think my one bit of feedback is a mention to keep a heads up if another person is working FGs or doing Tranix. Have seen some uncalled trains to zone thru the LDC area that could be a bit dicey for those that aren't familiar with the zone.