Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What else is druid good for, realistically? (w/o Raid gear) (/forums/showthread.php?t=412238)

zelld52 12-16-2022 04:34 PM

What else is druid good for, realistically? (w/o Raid gear)

Ok, so Druid has been fun so far, and a breeze. Very fun charming Bats n Bugs and also Permafrost pits. But --- is this the pinnacle?

With shaman, I was able to get Torpor at 60 and start a whole new soloQuest on phat loot farms.

But, druid feels like it has already capped out @ being able to charm bears in Permafrost. Without raid gear - would a druid be able to do PoM? Sirens? WW? Without raid gear.

Chortles Snortles 12-16-2022 06:22 PM

only good for snaring skeletons that flee
(lol)

PatChapp 12-16-2022 06:24 PM

Druid can solo sirens,pom just fine. Raid gear does not make a huge difference. Need epic to solo burrowers bur hard to call that raid gear.

Snaggles 12-16-2022 07:10 PM

I'd prob take the counter-point having a torp shaman which I love but it has some flaws.

The druid is a highly mobile spot-healer with a ton of utility spells. AOE outdoor irrestable lull, AOE root, AOE snare, a -100 check epic snare, a LONG duration single target, a 1.8 second single target 3min root.

Natures Touch is like 175hps/second with 200 range. For short fights you can heal just as good if not better than a sham rolling torp AND chloroblasting.

So in the end, mobility and utility. Limited mana pool, some charm tricks. Spot heals, goal tending, root parks, thorns and evac. Not a bad +1 utility player so long as you dont have 10 of them in their mid 50's and no desire to actually try hard.

As for farming...PoM, some people getting frisky in Chardok, velks or anything you dont mind root-rotting.

My good buddy here in Chardok. I dont think it's an impossible challenge w/o raid gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_b-waHS5M

Toxigen 12-19-2022 11:47 AM

Chardok / Kedge / PoM / (maybe) SG

thats about it and itll never be as good as a torp shaman or enchanter

Allishia 12-19-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3545830)
Chardok / Kedge / PoM / (maybe) SG

thats about it and itll never be as good as a torp shaman or enchanter

Just wait when they revert the recharge nerf, druids with strings do some neat things! :p

Chortles Snortles 12-19-2022 01:19 PM

druids are great when they're enchanters tier logic
(lol)

Crawdad 12-19-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

would a druid be able to do PoM? Sirens? WW? Without raid gear.
You can do all those things without raid gear, some of them will just hurt more or take longer.

Quote:

druid feels like it has already capped out
You already capped out, Druid is top-tier at the best part of EQ, doing anything that isn't raiding.

zelld52 12-20-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdad (Post 3546167)
You already capped out, Druid is top-tier at the best part of EQ, doing anything that isn't raiding.

I had a plan to make this my tradeskill toon -- but I can't seem to get myself started with that. Tracking / forage / Ports / SoW aare all very neat. Charming animals is great, too.

I've also had a blast powerlevelling unsuspecting newbies. Pulling 25 goblins at a time in Sol A for a newbie mage to PBAE down, to get her 2 levels in like 30-45 mins.. one of my favorite moments from my druid.

cdfurry 12-20-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3544866)
AOE outdoor irrestable lull

Still surprises me how often I see this misinterpretation of Harmony. Harmony is absolutely resistible. It will not however crit fail. Still a great spell none the less.

jaladiun/jaladian