Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How do I report a Player?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=412676)

Rengy 12-26-2022 04:44 PM

How do I report a Player??

I have been looking through the forums and don't see any GMs online atm. Is there a way to report a player for breaking the "Play Nice" policy. Specifically taking a already camped area?

Chortles Snortles 12-26-2022 06:31 PM

tell us all about it here

loramin 12-26-2022 06:57 PM

You want to use the in-game /petition command for that.

How well it will work depends on how many (all-volunteer) staff members happen to be on, and how busy they are ... but since there's no way to know that in advance, your best bet is to make the petition, but then deal with the other player as best you can until a GM may/may not show up.

Also, be sure you understand the rules correctly, or you may be disappointed to learn (for instance), that our Play Nice Policies are different from live's. The official Play Nice Policy can be found here, but the wiki has a more detailed explanation of the camp rules specifically, using quotes from GMs: https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules#General_Rules (and if you scroll up it also has specific rulings on camps that might be confusing).

Ooloo 12-26-2022 07:06 PM

It's pronounced "AN already camped area".

Also that itself is extremely vague. Which area, and what do you mean by camped, specifically?

Chortles Snortles 12-26-2022 07:09 PM

p.s that guy above doesn’t work here
(lol)

magnetaress 12-26-2022 09:40 PM

First u need boobies and to be in the DMs of someone on staff.

Rengy 12-26-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3548915)
You want to use the in-game /petition command for that.

How well it will work depends on how many (all-volunteer) staff members happen to be on, and how busy they are ... but since there's no way to know that in advance, your best bet is to make the petition, but then deal with the other player as best you can until a GM may/may not show up.

Also, be sure you understand the rules correctly, or you may be disappointed to learn (for instance), that our Play Nice Policies are different from live's. The official Play Nice Policy can be found here, but the wiki has a more detailed explanation of the camp rules specifically, using quotes from GMs: https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules#General_Rules (and if you scroll up it also has specific rulings on camps that might be confusing).

Thank you. I did read the rules and I started up a petition for clarification on what need to be done should this continue. Based on what I read, a OBS/FRAPS video is the best course for anything to happen. Since this was the 2nd time I'd figure I'd know the process and know what needs to happen if/when this happens again.

loramin 12-27-2022 01:45 AM

Most people are pretty reasonable as long as you communicate with them, so hopefully you won't need to be OBS-ing much, if at all.

Chortles Snortles 12-27-2022 02:13 AM

and that's how you tattle tale
(lol)

magnetaress 12-27-2022 02:38 AM

Op show titties or go home.