Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   frustrating (/forums/showthread.php?t=414915)

Gilbegger 02-08-2023 05:17 PM

frustrating

Randomly EQ will freeze as i try to travel through a zone load. I can hear game sounds but the screen is frozen. I can hear "youtube" in the back ground because I like to listen to Jordan Peterson ...ect..

The screen will freeze not allowing me to CTL/ALT/DEL out. There is no way I can interact with anything on my computer. All I can get to work is to reset the computer from the icon on the right on the ctl/alt/del screen.

After my computer restarts the game rarely lets me log back on. I will encounter random messages.

One is "check the server for game downtime"...other times there are no servers to be selected on the screen. They are blank.

Very rarely it will let me back into the game. Most of the time i just quit for the day.

Its ok the next day....but i would like to start playing soon with my two boys and my girl. (im old ) and this unreliability worries me.

Thank you all in advance...any help is appreciated.

Kemadin 02-08-2023 07:31 PM

Are you currently playing the game in full screen mode or windowed mode? The client experiences a wide variety of similar problems when executed in full screen.

loramin 02-08-2023 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilbegger (Post 3570408)
I like to listen to Jordan Peterson ...ect..

/wince

Encroaching Death 02-09-2023 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3570518)
/wince

https://media.tenor.com/913R4CKl2-IA...mily-spray.gif

Encroaching Death 02-09-2023 07:19 AM

So there are few possible fixes or causes to this issue.

Sometimes a weak connection can cause it.

Or sometimes it's Processor related.

You can also disable the loading screen, sometimes that helps people.

When you launch EQ, open up your task manager, find the process running for EQ and right click it and change the Processor affinity for that application.

You need to set it to use just 1 Core/processor. This was commonly happening back in the day with any duo core AMD processor.

The problem is the EQ client is stupid and doesn't do load balancing so it crashes you on zoning. May or may not solve your problem but worth a try.

Gilbegger 02-10-2023 10:51 PM

Thank you for the help. I play in full screen mode and I alt/enter when I go back and forth between wiki and the game. If the problem persists i will try your fix Death....thank you.

I listen to a lot of different background stuff when I play .(music , debates ,lectures, ect) Remy , my monkey , likes FF14 music the best but i like to change it up a little.

Take care everyone....and thank you again.