Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers) (/forums/showthread.php?t=345124)

galach 12-20-2019 12:31 PM

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers)

What did everyone think of it?

Stuff I didn't like

• Knights of Ren: They kind of just had them show up and die. I don’t know all the lore behind them but I thought they were loyal to Kylo & not the emperor. Felt like they could have made their presence more felt. Felt like Snoke’s guards 2.0

• FIN & the ladies: Ray, Rose & and the new ex-trooper. Felt like it was too many, should have just went after one. I wonder if they added the ex-trooper because of the hate of Rose from episode 8. Kind of played off Poe and his bad luck with the ladies. Maybe FIN should have almost died to troopers and converted them to the rebellion instead.

• Poe’s Mysterious Girl: Why should I care about who she is?

• Death of Hux: He should have died doing something in the final battle, not just killed off in a second by some new admiral that just showed up.

• No Final ROTJ style epic space battle: I wish there was a longer space battle similar to ROTJ. Saw snippets here and there, but nothing that gave me that feeling as a kid. The ground war on the ship was strange as well.

• Emperor’s Return: I wish they would have gave us more how he survived & who the people living on the planet were. Clone of snoke will likely lead to the clone of Yoda from The Mandalorian.

• Kylo Ren/Ben Solo Death: I wish there was some sort of energy coming out of his hands to signal that he was saving her life to give his own. Was kind of shocked when he just ghosted.

Everything else was fine in the movie. I felt like they did as much as they could without making it 3.5 hours or breaking it into two movies.

FatMice 12-21-2019 09:45 PM

After reading this I’ll just wait to find a free version online. Seems like a shit movie.

Topgunben 12-21-2019 10:25 PM

Won’t watch it. These new Star Wars movies are pure garbage. Sad because I am a huge fan of the first six, even though they have their own problems.

NegaStoat 12-22-2019 12:19 AM

I ruined the film for myself by watching a youtube rant from an uploader that I mostly respect the opinion of when he listed like 37 critical flaws with the movie, with the biggest one for me being that Emperor Palpatine is mentioned as having returned and openly threatened the galaxy with a message in the opening text crawl of the film.

So basically, right at the start you have this HUGE event of the big bad of the first 6 films somehow surviving the 2nd death star blowing up during the battle of Endor - but this event will play out off screen because it's not important or something. Also, the epitome of being the evil power behind the shadows with his being a Sith lord that was preserved SO strongly for the longest time is just tossed out the window too with this plot point.

I won't even go into his 'Master Plan' involving the attempted murder of one character by using a different character to set up the use of that targeted character... which would be useless if they had been killed... and how well the logic floats. Thank God the Mandalorian isn't total crap and is actually able to stand well on its own.

Evia 12-22-2019 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgunben (Post 3054586)
Won’t watch it. These new Star Wars movies are pure garbage. Sad because I am a huge fan of the first six, even though they have their own problems.

Agreeed

Vormotus 12-22-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by French Wizard (Post 3054074)
is it on netflix yet?

This ...

Ostepop 12-22-2019 05:58 AM

So Rey had two lightsabers, a blue one and a green one. She gives a blue one away to Ben with space magic, and has a blue one left. :confused:

DMN 12-22-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostepop (Post 3054692)
So Rey had two lightsabers, a blue one and a green one. She gives a blue one away to Ben with space magic, and has a blue one left. :confused:

They seriously did something this fucking stupid?

Ostepop 12-22-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3054702)
They seriously did something this fucking stupid?

Idk if I've missed something or what, couldn't find anyone else asking this particular question.

galach 12-22-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NegaStoat (Post 3054625)
I ruined the film for myself by watching a youtube rant from an uploader that I mostly respect the opinion of when he listed like 37 critical flaws with the movie, with the biggest one for me being that Emperor Palpatine is mentioned as having returned and openly threatened the galaxy with a message in the opening text crawl of the film.

So basically, right at the start you have this HUGE event of the big bad of the first 6 films somehow surviving the 2nd death star blowing up during the battle of Endor - but this event will play out off screen because it's not important or something. Also, the epitome of being the evil power behind the shadows with his being a Sith lord that was preserved SO strongly for the longest time is just tossed out the window too with this plot point.

I won't even go into his 'Master Plan' involving the attempted murder of one character by using a different character to set up the use of that targeted character... which would be useless if they had been killed... and how well the logic floats. Thank God the Mandalorian isn't total crap and is actually able to stand well on its own.

It was actually broadcast in Fortnite... not kidding.

https://youtu.be/mAL2rTH7SAE