Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do you wish you rolled differently? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334515)

brokenpromise 09-23-2019 05:11 PM

Do you wish you rolled differently?

In the thread "shamans are just good necros", there is a debate which is best race for shaman; troll or ogre? That got me thinking

Do you wish you would have rolled differently? Stats, race or class? How many non iksar necros wish they wouldve rolled iksar? Or how many iksar necros wish they rolled a different race?

Jimjam 09-23-2019 05:15 PM

I rerolled from 17 innorruuk troll with snare to babarian (29 so far) because TF2 taught me the importance of wearing a cool hat.

Chortles Snort|eS 09-23-2019 05:46 PM

Wish I rolled DRU on live vs WIZ
Might havE Had leSs paiNfull timE

Keary 09-23-2019 05:49 PM

No. Never even crossed my mind.

Maker_Mayhem 09-23-2019 06:05 PM

Had I rolled an ogre shaman — I would have no regrets ;) haha.

Honesty play what you want to look at for the remainder of your EverQuest. Unless you are an OCD power gaming min/maxxer, it doesn’t matter. I happen to have a bit of that bug, but luckily for me ogres were my first love in 1999.

Honestly, frontal stun immunity is not over rated. It is the ONLY trait not available through other means since the server will stop before AAs. The ability as a shaman to get that root or slow off while being quadded in the face, or get stunned is quite literally life and death at times.

What about Regen? Chloro. What about more Regen? Fungi. What about “I neeed even more Regen!!!” Slow your pace on cannni dance and perfect it lol.

Iksar AC though? Get moar armors.

Frontal Stun Immunity? Ogre only.

But ultimately it is not “game breaking” it just increases the quality of life especially in a solo environment. Truly I have heard trolls make the better “group” shaman. And while I love the purple eye troll....the ogre is still more to love for me, personally.

branamil 09-23-2019 06:10 PM

I wish I rolled on a real classic server that had classic AoE, leash, and pathing mechanics

fadetree 09-23-2019 06:23 PM

No.

zodium 09-24-2019 01:11 AM

no, and I regret the one alt I did make

Nuggie 09-24-2019 01:33 AM

On live: yes. Paladins sucked.

On P99: heck no. Necro as first class was a good way to get off the ground.

On green: time will tell, but I doubt it. Have a pretty solid strat.

sacman08 09-24-2019 02:30 AM

On live, at EQ launch my friends and I all made characters. Our thinking was D&D based so we looked for multi class and multi race. I made a Half Elf Druid as one of my first characters. Only months later did I wish I had rolled different race. The reason? I didn’t like the armor graphics for leather wearing Half-elves.