Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The Epics are not Epic! (/forums/showthread.php?t=409836)

long.liam 10-29-2022 11:24 PM

The Epics are not Epic!

Too Many people here are obsessed with getting their Epic. The epics aren't really that amazing. Despite calling them an Epic Quest, they don't actually make your character "Epic". A Enchanter with/without the Epic is till the most powerful class in the game. The Shaman still 2nd most powerful with/without epic. 3rd for necro and on and on. Epic is just nice little item. No of them really game changers in any form.

Ripqozko 10-29-2022 11:33 PM

we are 7 years into velious, we know. hope that helps.

long.liam 10-29-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3526592)
we are 7 years into velious, we know. hope that helps.

Yes so much, Thank You! Your very helpful person!

Trexller 10-29-2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by long.liam (Post 3526589)
Too Many people here are obsessed with getting their Epic. The epics aren't really that amazing. Despite calling them an Epic Quest, they don't actually make your character "Epic". A Enchanter with/without the Epic is till the most powerful class in the game. The Shaman still 2nd most powerful with/without epic. 3rd for necro and on and on. Epic is just nice little item. No of them really game changers in any form.

ench can't solo ayllish

shm can

long.liam 10-29-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3526597)
ench can't solo ayllish

shm can

Yep.

Smoofers 10-30-2022 12:22 AM

frontal stun immunity though

Swish 10-30-2022 12:35 AM

OP is clearly a mage with no pixel ration points.

Foxplay 10-30-2022 12:37 AM

You sunk your own complaint when starting comparing solo power and equating it to the epic's

As someone with lots of epic's I agree with the premise of your argument for one class.... Rogue

I sometimes forget my rogue even has epic, because its basically just a weapon with haste and completely replaceable. It does absolutely nothing to the theme or fantasy of the class like say modifying backstab damage higher, or making stealth even stronger nope just a weapon with haste and some atk on it no rogue proc, or effect, or click nothing

Pretty much every other epic adds something to the class or plays into the class fantasy obviously some are more "epic" than others.

Solist 10-30-2022 02:31 AM

Yet the rogue epic is one of 4 (ragebringer, swiftwind, celestial fist, staff of 4) that never ever gets replaced. Even with full BIS and vyemm+mrylokar offhand, you swap in RB for backstabs. We can get by without any other epic and be pretty effective, even without cleric epics we’d make do. Every other class replaces theirs or doesn’t use at all or isn’t too heavily affected by not using it.

They’re all nice to have though for various reasons and scenarios.

unsunghero 10-30-2022 03:45 AM

People probably have it as some sort of “I couldn’t get this when I played the original game so I want it now” personal milestone motivating them more than the actual power of the item

Me, I never cared much about any of that, it’s not like I’m trying to out-nerd my 16yr old self at nearly 40. But it also helps that the enc epic is a stat stick borderline-needless mana saver esp to someone who wouldn’t ever raid much