Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   If only DKP were tradable. (/forums/showthread.php?t=377351)

magnetaress 01-27-2021 07:55 PM

If only DKP were tradable.

In a DKP exchange.

Tunabros 01-27-2021 08:31 PM

no

magnetaress 01-27-2021 08:49 PM

Dude.

Bro.

If u could cash out ur dkp from one guild and into another.

Think abootit.

Danth 01-27-2021 10:00 PM

I've said before that I think the raid players need to unionize. They shouldn't work for company scrip that becomes worthless as soon as they leave or get fired.

Nexii 01-27-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 3250664)
I've said before that I think the raid players need to unionize. They shouldn't work for company scrip that becomes worthless as soon as they leave or get fired.

Or you can refuse. I would have joined Freedom if they offered me 500-1500 like everyone else got. It was an insult to be offered zero when it's all the same leadership as Aftermath.

Danth 01-27-2021 10:35 PM

Don't look at me, I don't join guilds that use currency-based loot rules. Not part of the problem here! High-end pixels don't have that kind of draw to me. The rank-and-file in such guilds appear to get a bad deal from my vantage point, effectively turning their game time into a simulation of 1870's corporate practice complete with the high hours, no protections, and company scrip. Perhaps they need a New Deal.

Bardp1999 01-28-2021 01:09 AM

Every top guild on P99 has been exactly the same for the last 10 years. Guild A rises to power, Guild A makes insane 'raider' requirements that allow loot only to the neckbeards, the warmbodies eventually get to 'raider' status after months, Guild A starts awarding insane amounts of DKP for tracking (to the neckbeards who are 'screen sharing'), warmbodies get some loot but are largly at the neckbeards mercy, warmbodies start to aquire enough DKP to be a threat to neckbeards alt #3 or #4, Guild A implodes and the same neckbeards create Guild B under alts and/or rotated leadership and a wiped DKP system.

The name of the game is moving the goal post enoughg that only no life retards get raid loot, but there is enough incentive to keep the warmbodies coming so that the numbers are there.

Littul Jonn 01-28-2021 01:40 AM

Individuals commit the sunk cost fallacy when they continue a behavior or endeavor as a result of previously invested resources (time, money or effort) (Arkes & Blumer, 1985). This fallacy, which is related to loss aversion and status quo bias, can also be viewed as bias resulting from an ongoing commitment.

Swish 01-28-2021 02:09 AM

The biggest mistake is saving for those really rare drops.

Arvan 01-28-2021 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexii (Post 3250670)
Or you can refuse. I would have joined Freedom if they offered me 500-1500 like everyone else got. It was an insult to be offered zero when it's all the same leadership as Aftermath.

What? I thought they claimed they were a completely fresh guild thats completely new and in no way the same old guild but renamed?

Oh my i feel like everyone’s been lied to