Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Poopdick...Asspiss? (/forums/showthread.php?t=13578)

Eyry 08-02-2010 12:02 PM

Poopdick...Asspiss?

Seriously guys? How old are you? Do we really have to have people on the server running around with names like Poopdick or Halos Asspiss?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

Read the rules and get rid of the names.

It amazes me what people will run around with above their heads. I thought when you created a character, there was some kind of name filter to catch these guys.

Grow up...

acrisius 08-02-2010 12:44 PM

Yep

Saw that yesterday in Nek, Poopsquat or something like that. WTF kiddies

Ihealyou 08-02-2010 12:58 PM

Come on guys, is everyone here 12? Grow up please. Your name can't be a phrase or sentence.

Straif 08-02-2010 01:02 PM

The easy mode evolution of MMO's corrupted and turned model players to callused dumb fucks just to keep up with the buffoonery. It's like living in a house for years to living in a septic tank and adapting to your surroundings. Think of Gollum getting the ring of power.

I know a few people that played on Live back in the day, their persona is entirely different now. It went from playing a valiant character you were proud to play, in game conduct was one which reflected the person playing the character to "LoL Pew Pew Pew, I'm roxxors nub, fuck newfags I am DickLancer ButtBoner, lulz, brb to troll moar"

Barkingturtle 08-02-2010 01:11 PM

Actually, Poopdick Asspiss is a traditional gnomish name dating back to the times of King Runklecunt Clitcruncher and his queen Dribblenipple "Pistonfister" Jones.

Malrubius 08-02-2010 01:11 PM

Do any guides look at the names anymore? It seems that half of the names on this server would never have made it in Classic.

I'm not sure what's involved in changing the server-side names, but I think something should be done if at all possible.

I understand its a volunteer project, so please let me know how I can help! :D

If I had a list of every character name on the server, I'd be happy to manually parse it and provide a list of questionable ones back to the devs to make the final call on. Yes, it would take a long time - but I think it would be worth it.

Once the existing names were taken care of, a weekly visual sweep of all new character names should be relatively easy.

Eyry 08-02-2010 01:15 PM

There has got to be some kind of code set up to check these names when people make these characters...dick and poop should have been caught by the filter...as well as ass and piss...not to mention there are a few other names out there that are just blatantly offensive. I am not normally a tattle tail, but I do not like to be reminded that ignorant, 12 year old kids that have no sense of internet filter, play this game.

Straif 08-02-2010 01:16 PM

"PistonFister"

Making a Monk right now lol

Overcast 08-02-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyry (Post 109052)
There has got to be some kind of code set up to check these names when people make these characters...dick and poop should have been caught by the filter...as well as ass and piss...not to mention there are a few other names out there that are just blatantly offensive. I am not normally a tattle tail, but I do not like to be reminded that ignorant, 12 year old kids that have no sense of internet filter, play this game.

Somewhere... someone may think they are cool.

They need a 'special MMO' just for these types of players. Maybe a name like 'World of Poopcraft' would draw them to it.

mmiles8 08-02-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

There has got to be some kind of code set up to check these names when people make these characters
On live, 90% of the "code" that kept these names from getting created was an ANNOYING popup window. Every time some 12 year old wanted to get his giggles we had to manually click no to 8000 different spellings of "intehbutt".

I was so tempted to let them through and then stick a last name on them that said "ilikeit"