Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   WW - Velium Hounds (/forums/showthread.php?t=142833)

Rasah 03-11-2014 07:25 AM

WW - Velium Hounds

Velium Hounds in Western Wastes should not summon.

Here is a clip of a comment from the comments section:

Quote:

These mobs have very large aggro range, they have about the same as a caster without extended range(200 for most spells).

They have low resists from what I've seen, they run very quickly and hit for 150+ on average, they are somewhat rare . Their furs drop about 1 out of each 3-4 kills roughly. I can safely assure everyone that they do not summon, no faction hits either.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6322

There are a number of other people talking about kiting them as well, with no mention of summoning.

nilbog 03-11-2014 12:43 PM

From what I see, they range from 47-51, with one rarely being 51. That is the magic level for summon.

Rasah 03-11-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 1360656)
From what I see, they range from 47-51, with one rarely being 51. That is the magic level for summon.

For Kunark, I agree. But I know for a fact that the Ice Burrowers at 61 did not summon in WW from personal experience and based on this thread:

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/arch...p/t-13842.html

I also used to kite Velium Hounds with my wizard for their fur, and was never once summoned. Something tells me that even if 1 in 10 summoned, there would be someone crying on the allakhazam comments section that they summon and everyone else was wrong.

YendorLootmonkey 03-11-2014 07:28 PM

I too leveled from 60-65 (post-Velious, obv) Panic Animal/Snare kiting Velium Hounds and for as many as I killed, I never had one summon me. Otherwise I would have stopped doing it. Unless the level 51 spawn was rare as hell and I got really lucky and never experienced it, but I spent weeks/months doing that inside the scar with the DN zone-in.

Yinikren 03-13-2014 02:18 AM

Can confirm via memories on live the huge agro range and never being summoned by a velium hound.

Fuddwin 03-13-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey (Post 1361243)
I too leveled from 60-65 (post-Velious, obv) Panic Animal/Snare kiting Velium Hounds and for as many as I killed, I never had one summon me. Otherwise I would have stopped doing it. Unless the level 51 spawn was rare as hell and I got really lucky and never experienced it, but I spent weeks/months doing that inside the scar with the DN zone-in.

Also would kite IB's when they were red cons, with a pet and never get summoned...

Edit x2: Maybe the summoning mechanic/lvl req was changed for velious/post velious?

happyhappy 03-13-2014 05:26 PM

I don't recall them and the IBs summoning either, I quadded hounds and kited IBs on live and can't recall ever getting summoned.

Agro on IBs was a lot smaller, while wolves seemed a lot larger.

nilbog 08-18-2014 09:56 AM

Pending update,

velium hounds nor ice burrowers will summon.