Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I miss real video rental stores... (/forums/showthread.php?t=259050)

Evia 11-29-2016 08:57 PM

I miss real video rental stores...

I am actually really missing blockbuster or Hollywood video. Sometimes the flix, Hulu, and redbox don't have that obscure movie you may really be after. Then I gotta buy the shit.

Is it just me?

Baler 11-29-2016 09:01 PM

I miss those kinds of store too. But they are a thing of the past now. :(

Welcome to Digital on Demand. :(

skarlorn 11-29-2016 09:25 PM

Blockbuster literally one of the least comprehensive video rental stores ever. I get u that some of them (usually the oldest, indie owned) carried amazing libraries. But dude, you can find anything you want if you're still willing to pay on Amazon instant video smh

I only pirate when it's not offered online in a reasonable medium (such has u need HBO sub)

Daywolf 11-29-2016 09:36 PM

Either stream, rent by mail, or go to the movie rental kiosks.
Yeah, Blockbuster always did suck. They ran out all the private rental shops before they went belly up. They screwed everyone while thinking they were too big to fail.

Jorgam 11-29-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evia (Post 2413042)
I am actually really missing blockbuster or Hollywood video. Sometimes the flix, Hulu, and redbox don't have that obscure movie you may really be after. Then I gotta buy the shit.

Is it just me?

Definitely not just you. I always want to show my wife some movie that meant something to me in the past and there is no where to find it if not in the $7 blu ray bin at best buy. =(

maskedmelon 11-29-2016 11:37 PM

Only thing that disappoint me about blockbuster is that they were all gone and outta business before I ever got to see the backroom *snicker*

Of course that is where I first discovered real anime (*u*)

Red_Messiah 11-29-2016 11:58 PM

I don't miss my DVD collection, glad that disappeared - live life like you need to pack up and leave in a hurry. Travel light.

Daywolf 11-30-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Messiah (Post 2413157)
I don't miss my DVD collection, glad that disappeared - live life like you need to pack up and leave in a hurry. Travel light.

nah they going to bury me with my Babylon 5 series collection :D
when I'm dead dead dead dead dead!

skarlorn 11-30-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn (Post 2413140)
ppl who pay money for data disgust and horrify me

wat a great way 2 ensure quality entertainment in the future

i am calling you a moran

R Flair 11-30-2016 12:40 AM

There are lots of places online to find obscure titles. Some are even legal. I find a lots of old movies on TPB that are seemingly available no place else.