Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Ranger fear kiting spots 50+ (/forums/showthread.php?t=284562)

JonyeGway 11-07-2017 08:57 PM

Ranger fear kiting spots 50+

So I just hit 50 on my Ranger and have been fear kiting sabretooth tigers out in OT. About half of them are starting to green out at this point though. I'm figuring ill ding 51 out here then try to find a new spot after. What are some other good spots to solo as a 50+ Ranger?

Baler 11-07-2017 09:08 PM

Wow you got to 50 in OT. Super props to you!

If your dragon (CoV) Faction is good. I encourage you to make a trek to Western Wastes,. Can polish off with animals there to 60. Avoid the ice burrowers and you'll be fine.

Another option is to track Wakening Lands. Raptors and Panthers may-be.

If you got the hook up I hear PoM is decent.

Lastly there may or may not be things in Eastern Waste. Though past 50 it will probably all be green.

Be aware however that npc HP past 50 is larger than any of those tigers in OT.

---
Special shout out to Loramin!!
He keeps this wiki page going strong and I encourage everyone to look it over!
https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

ghost182 11-07-2017 10:49 PM

Guano camp at sol a zoneline is an awesome fear kiting spot, use calm animal to single pull. You’ll need to clear the camp 1 at a time first (5 bats), after that pull them up ramp
To Zoneline and fear, they never make it out of room. Repeat 2-3 times tops per bat. You’ll even be able to squeeze in a few beetles from
Further in. This camp got me to 55 very easily and still offers decent exp at 56.

I did not enjoy animals in WW, takes too long and xp was not good.. wyverns though, In CS, are good xp and loot to 54ish but that’s more bow kiting and melee. Highkeep bards are also decent xp. Skip nobles to keep your high keep faction and then a day or 2 in mistmoore will fix your bard faction.

At 56 I’ve started doing some permafrost. It’s tough and I tend to have to camp a lot, not enough room for me to fear either so it’s mostly archery dots and
Melee mix. SolB is probably still better xp but I needed a change. Raptors in TD are also pretty decent you’ll get 1%xp per 1-2 kills. I would suggest Peggy cloak though, keep sow up, and know where the fire pots are just in case.

Darguth 12-11-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost182 (Post 2607295)
Raptors in TD are also pretty decent you’ll get 1%xp per 1-2 kills. I would suggest Peggy cloak though, keep sow up, and know where the fire pots are just in case.

I thought TD Raptors were not considered animals, so can't fear kite as a ranger?

Cecily 12-11-2017 06:56 PM

That's correct unless they were changed back. Ghost was just sharing how he or she leveled, not necessarily with fear kiting. I did some raptors myself on Zalea with melee . Scary things. HUGE agro.

Jimjam 12-12-2017 04:22 AM

Follow the advice on the other ranger thread and work on swiftwind, dark cloak of the sky, earthcaller and fungi. Any of these pieces are huge boosts.

I don't even have a fungi on my ranger (I did once find a regen bp while farming seb keys for my alts though, yay), but even with just the other items he absolutely rocked in his 50s.

With velious equipment out rangers can reach the point of diminished returns on mitigation against most kunark xp content too. Their only weakness *is their avoidance isn't as good as the other 'tanks', but all that means is your damage shield gets to add in some mad DPS too.

*I'm actually a little bit sad for when the Chardok 2.0 comes out, because the defence skill increase is going to be a nerf to ranger's damage shield dps! :p

Darguth 12-13-2017 02:49 PM

In the SolB guano camp, is there any way to pull the one bat off the high ledge other than Lull crit-resist pulls? Because that shit is tedious in the extreme.

Jimjam 12-13-2017 06:08 PM

Jump or lev shoot works on my halfling. You can also wall taunt it through the floor (may also require jumping). critical beg fail if monk :P.

Darguth 12-13-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2622964)
Jump or lev shoot works on my halfling. You can also wall taunt it through the floor (may also require jumping). critical beg fail if monk :P.

THANK YOU! Lifesaver.

Darguth 12-17-2017 06:24 PM

Is it possible to fear kite anything in Kedge?