Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alien Invasion Thought Experiment (/forums/showthread.php?t=286384)

fash 12-06-2017 09:44 PM

Alien Invasion Thought Experiment

Imagine alien explorers with vastly superior intelligence and technology came to earth. When they visited us, they didn't realize we were intelligent animals, so they blew the shit out of us for a bit with little regard. Then when they realize what they've done, they say, "Oh shit, sorry! We didn't realize you were intelligent", and they gives us their cool technology. They make us part of the Galactic Federation, and we all get equal rights to the aliens.

That would be cool, right?

Sure, we'd be pissy that they killed us for a bit, but it worked out in the end. We're better off. We got awesome transportation tech, star ships, longer life spans, tech to feed the hungry, medicine to heal the sick, etc -- a massive improvement to quality of life.

"Fuck those aliens" or "That sucked for a bit, but thanks for the star ships, advanced medicine, and future agriculture tech"?

Cecily 12-06-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash (Post 2620109)
"Fuck those aliens" or "That sucked for a bit, but thanks for the star ships, advanced medicine, and future agriculture tech"?

https://i.imgur.com/VVW5Sdf.gif

hyejin 12-06-2017 10:06 PM

I will submit the White Race to vassalhood for tech that allows a man to inhabit a body with additional appendages that are very dextrous and linked to his sensorium. nothing less than that

Patriam1066 12-06-2017 10:41 PM

This is very similar to childhood's end by Arthur c Clarke except he is a better poster than you

Thanks and God bless

Pokesan 12-06-2017 11:39 PM

Imagine an alien race born and bred to be the warrior caste of an empire. Whereas they once were nothing, centuries of physical training and enhanced by use of the white, they have grown to be the galaxy's most fearsome fighting force.

there i made a more retarded post about how good slavery is

your move OP

Lulz~Sect 12-06-2017 11:50 PM

FUCK OFF SPACE ERUDITES, WE’RE FULL

YOU CAN CRASH ON THE MOON IF YOU WANT

skarlorn 12-07-2017 01:44 AM

+1 to cecily post

+1 to patriam post

did not read OP

Ahldagor 12-07-2017 01:52 AM

Sigourney Weaver's arm pits for 400, Alex.

AzzarTheGod 12-07-2017 02:27 AM

Didn't read any posts but made note of the whales post and may double back later

o I lied I read skarlorns post the + number shape reflected off of my retinas

Lhancelot 12-07-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash (Post 2620109)
Imagine alien explorers with vastly superior intelligence and technology came to earth. When they visited us, they didn't realize we were intelligent animals, so they blew the shit out of us for a bit with little regard. Then when they realize what they've done, they say, "Oh shit, sorry! We didn't realize you were intelligent", and they gives us their cool technology. They make us part of the Galactic Federation, and we all get equal rights to the aliens.

That would be cool, right?

Sure, we'd be pissy that they killed us for a bit, but it worked out in the end. We're better off. We got awesome transportation tech, star ships, longer life spans, tech to feed the hungry, medicine to heal the sick, etc -- a massive improvement to quality of life.

I think a good alien induced culling of the human race would be a good thing. Our population is vast, and we show no signs of wanting to slow our destruction of the planet Earth.

In fact, I think the only thing that can help us at this point is some galactic intervention.

Whether that be a meteor crashing into Earth or aliens that decide to make Earth a hunting ground, I honestly feel we need outside help to make things right again on Earth.