Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Back from Ancient Days (/forums/showthread.php?t=291497)

Jimbat 02-17-2018 09:39 PM

Back from Ancient Days

Rolled a Wizard, might start a warrior or a pally too. Haven't played since I was in middle school.

Looking forward to exploring again.

SDWV 02-20-2018 11:19 AM

Welcome. Enjoy the trip down memory lane!

Gozuk 02-20-2018 02:40 PM

Welcome back

Ciksharn 02-20-2018 03:37 PM

Wizard is hardmode. Groups don't want you and you can't solo til jboots. Good luck

kjs86z 02-20-2018 04:00 PM

I'd recommend Paladin amidst those three classes.

Reason? Group-ability

Unless you plan on dedicating a massive amount of time into a warrior, the pally will be superior in every conceivable way in your XP groups. Of course, the warrior scales way better for tanking higher end raid content. If you're confident you're going to spend the next year of your life leveling and gearing, by all means go warrior. (Paladins can / do tank some raid content as well...they just won't be a main tank over the large pool of uber-geared warriors running around).

Wizards are just looked down upon in groups. As mentioned earlier, jboots and other clicky items make their soloing a bit easier...but you aren't going to be amassing 10k+ plat for a long while. They aren't necessarily bad, but the server is a little on the min/max side and wizzies have a notorious reputation for doing almost nothing in groups. Again, a good player on a Wizard can do fine...just trying to forewarn you.

I would level up an agnostic, "good" race Paladin first. Get used to the game again. Consult with players in game and on the forums, scour the wiki for useful information, etc.

Get out there and tank for groups! The server is low on tanks that aren't in their high 50s....you're likely to receive tells from folks in the popular leveling zones like crushbone, unrest, guk, mistmoore, city of mist, etc.

Grouping, in my opinion, is a far more rewarding experience. Paladin is ideal given their great utility, snap-aggro, etc.

Best of luck in whatever class you go with. Hit me up anytime if you'd like some help.

Ciksharn 02-20-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiouxNation (Post 2661946)
My advice would be to pick the race/class combo that you want to regardless of min/max advice here. Picking based on how they look, how you imagine your charcater is a great way to make sure you enjoy the journey.

The journey is the destination here, enjoy it and ask questions all you want! The forum community in general is much different from what you will experience in game.

In game > Forum

It's definitely about the journey. However as a main non twinked 55 wizard it's a painful journey until jboots and temp staff

Jimbat 02-20-2018 09:46 PM

Yeah I definitely seem to spend a lot of time meditating, but I have been finding a balance between dps'ing and meditating. I like the wizard so far, will probably stick with it for a while due to my love of big numbers. If I ever do make it to higher levels, it sounds like all of a sudden wizards do turn out to be worth the investment.