Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Spells: Lull lines and resistance checks (/forums/showthread.php?t=309329)

Pringles 10-20-2018 10:36 AM

Lull lines and resistance checks

I was looking through a spdat from 04-04-2001 and found something interesting that might explain why the lull line was not used much or was flakey. I believe the conventional wisdom that on a tick check the precedence is lvl, mr and then cha in certain cases. I did a quick search on this topic but didn't find much directly relating to this info.

Quote:

Lull
Change Frenzy Radius to 15 feet
Change Reaction Radius to 15 feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Clr (L1), Pal (L15), Enc (L1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet

Skill: Alteration
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Magic + 25

Mana Required: 10
Spell Duration: 20 ticks (2.0 minutes)
Duration Formula: 9
Casting Time: 1.50 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.25 seconds
Recast Delay: 3.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: You feel less aggressive.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso looks less aggressive.
Quote:

Soothe
Change Frenzy Radius to 10 feet
Change Reaction Radius to 10 feet
Lower Aggression

Classes: Clr (L9), Pal (L30), Enc (L8)

Mana Required: 30
Spell Duration: 25 ticks (2.5 minutes)
Duration Formula: 8
Casting Time: 2.0 seconds
Recast Delay: 4.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: You feel your aggression subside.
Quote:

Calm
Change Frenzy Radius to 5 feet
Change Reaction Radius to 5 feet
Lower Aggression

Classes: Clr (L19), Pal (L49), Enc (L20)

Mana Required: 50
Spell Duration: 30 ticks (3.0 minutes)
Casting Time: 2.50 seconds
Recast Delay: 5.0 seconds

Quote:

Pacify
Change Frenzy Radius to 1 feet
Change Reaction Radius to 1 feet
Lower Aggression

Classes: Clr (L39), Pal (L51), Enc (L39)

Resistance Check: Magic + 15

Mana Required: 100
Spell Duration: Unknown :(
Casting Time: 3.0 seconds
Recast Delay: 6.0 seconds

Dolalin 10-20-2018 12:04 PM

Magic + 25 was a special flag, I forget what for but it wasn't what you're thinking it is.

Edit: found it, it's fizzle adjust (casting difficulty).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=13

Pringles 10-20-2018 12:31 PM

I see a different interpretation of that post, that originally there was no magic resist malus then one was added and was later balanced by adding a fizzle adjust and taking away the malus.

See compare this
http://lucy.alkabor.com/spell_45.html

to

Quote:

Pacify
Change Frenzy Radius to 1 feet
Change Reaction Radius to 1 feet
Lower Aggression--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Clr (L39), Pal (L51), Enc (L39)

Resistance Check: Magic + 15

Mana Required: 100
Spell Duration: Unknown
Casting Time: 3.0 seconds
Recast Delay: 6.0 seconds

Fizzle adjust data starts showing up in 2003 on alla while resists are always there.

Dolalin 10-20-2018 02:34 PM

That's a limitation of the Lucy parser. Fizzle adjust has been in since vanilla, see Canny fizzle rates for instance.

Pringles 10-20-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolalin (Post 2796627)
That's a limitation of the Lucy parser. Fizzle adjust has been in since vanilla, see Canny fizzle rates for instance.

Quote:

Cannibalize
Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 50 (L24)
Increase Mana from 20 (L24) to 28 (L60)

Classes: Shm (L24)

Allowable Targets: Self

Resistance Check: None

Spell Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 1.25 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds

Spell cast on you: Your body aches as your mind clears.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso winces.
https://i.imgur.com/PtM8at9.png

Dolalin 10-21-2018 06:02 AM

I'm willing to entertain the idea that I'm totally wrong.

Para99 10-22-2018 10:34 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP/missing the point, but lulls always seemed like they do have at least a +25mr mod on P99 to me. I mean you can get 10 resists in a row on a lvl 51 mob which is unheard of for any other spell.

Pringles 10-22-2018 02:26 PM

I have no way of confirming that hence report.