Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   All Character Models Black (/forums/showthread.php?t=316219)

Mudaine 01-29-2019 09:21 PM

All Character Models Black

Hello I just got P99 set back up on my computer, but when I got to char select, all the models were pure black. Logged in and all other players were black as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

Wraythian 01-30-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudaine (Post 2850351)
Hello I just got P99 set back up on my computer, but when I got to char select, all the models were pure black. Logged in and all other players were black as well. Thanks for the help in advance.

1. What OS?
2. What EQ install media was used?
3. If OS is Windows, does the install path use Program Files?
4. Were the Getting Started instructions followed?
5. Did you run the EQ Options editor?

Mudaine 02-02-2019 01:52 AM

I'm currently usinng windows 10. I installed using the 5 disc eq titanium edition where you mount it. Windows 10 has a built in one that seemed to work perfectly fine. The install path is to its on HD. I followed all the directions in the getting started guide where you have to remove the 4 files and import the set with the launcher. I unfortunately don't know about the EQ options editor.

paulgiamatti 02-02-2019 06:33 PM

Reinstall your GPU drivers: download Display Driver Uninstaller, reboot into safe mode, run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, select your GPU manufacturer and click "Clean and restart". After restarting, run it again and click "Update Display Driver".

If you're still having issues, acquire a new copy of Titanium from a new source and reinstall P99 from scratch.