Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Where my Tanks at? (/forums/showthread.php?t=341033)

Pilgrimzero 11-14-2019 12:23 PM

Where my Tanks at?

My main is currently level 14 and I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive parties with a Tank. And 100% of the time it was a Paly.

This is over in GFay/Crushbone.

Most parties Ive been in I the Rogue was the Tank. Luckily every group had 2 healers. Generally 2 Druids or a Cleric and a Druid.

Had a group the other day say they needed a Mage for a "Tank Pet". This group already consisted of a Wizard and Enchanter (and a Cleric and a Druid).

Where all my tanks at? Did you guys get replaced by Earth Elementals and Rogues?

stakka 11-14-2019 12:25 PM

Melee classes dont start to come online till the end of kunark with epics. The window for melee to shine will be a short one on the p99 TLPS, versus casters being good from the start to finish mostly. A charmed chanter pet is 3x better than a tank in a group.

bum3 11-14-2019 12:25 PM

They are on boycott. Excluded from too many groups for pet classes.

bum3 11-14-2019 12:27 PM

That being said my guild has about 35 members.. with 2 warriors, 2 pallies, 2 ranger tanks, 1 bard tank, and 5 sks. We are hoarding them for our purposes. =)

Bannen 11-14-2019 12:28 PM

Rolled a warrior, found no groups, back to necro.

Tecmos Deception 11-14-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero (Post 3024682)
My main is currently level 14 and I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive parties with a Tank. And 100% of the time it was a Paly.

Most parties Ive been in I the Rogue was the Tank. Luckily every group had 2 healers. Generally 2 Druids or a Cleric and a Druid.

Had a group the other day say they needed a Mage for a "Tank Pet". This group already consisted of a Wizard and Enchanter (and a Cleric and a Druid).

Where all my tanks at? Did you guys get replaced by Earth Elementals and Rogues?

Dwarf warriors, half elf and high elf paladins, and gnome warriors are the only tanks who start over near you. Tanks aren't super popular anyway, and those aren't super popular races for those classes on top of that. Evil races have a hard time travelling and living in Faydwer, especially at low levels.

Big surprise there aren't a ton of tanks around at 1-15 over there.

garfo 11-14-2019 12:28 PM

Once you get out of elf land you’ll start to find more of us :)

Most tanks tend to be ogres/trolls, we like to stay close to da swamps

Expediency 11-14-2019 01:02 PM

Hybrids are underpowered and no gear is available. exp penalty does the rest.

I saw more tanks on qeynos side of the world than the wc area

DarkwingDuck 11-14-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero (Post 3024682)

Just rolled my Ogre Warrior
He’s in Neriak and he’s level 7 :)

Rafiell 11-14-2019 01:18 PM

Lvl 18 SK here but I won’t touch feaydwar till 30 for self invis no need to be stuck on that island so yeah tanks might be designedly scarce there lots more tanks on antonica for sure